Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got to play for the first time earlier today (It was awesome, BTW!), and a situation came up that I couldn't find in the rules. Someone had the Movement 2 Gene card, and were only one point over the new environment card. They didn't have any BP's, and they were wondering if they would be allowed to downgrade to Movement 1. I couldn't find an answer one way or another in the rules.

Also, just to clarify, when you score points, do you hop over the other markers, or do you stack them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Answer: Pepsi
badge
Me Grimlock?
mbmbmbmbmb
figarojones wrote:
I finally got to play for the first time earlier today (It was awesome, BTW!), and a situation came up that I couldn't find in the rules. Someone had the Movement 2 Gene card, and were only one point over the new environment card. They didn't have any BP's, and they were wondering if they would be allowed to downgrade to Movement 1. I couldn't find an answer one way or another in the rules.
You'd have to give up the entire card without "downgrading".

No single gene by itself will exceed the number on the environment card, so presumably there was something else that could have been discarded instead (perhaps costing more BP to recover, but not two separate buys to get).

Quote:
Also, just to clarify, when you score points, do you hop over the other markers, or do you stack them?
Occupied spaces aren't counted when advancing, so score markers leap over each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. We figured that was the case with the card, but I wanted to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls