Hide
14 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Server Diagnostics + Awakening Center rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Shelley
msg tools
I'm a tiny bit confused on how these two cards would interact and would like some clarification before I try out the combo in a game.

The rules clearly state that Ice is installed in front of the server.

Awakening Center (AC) states that in can host bioroid ice (installed facedown - ignoring all costs).

Does the process of hosting a piece of Ice on AC trigger the Trash of Server Diagnostics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Shenzhen
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
neovista wrote:
Does the process of hosting a piece of Ice on AC trigger the Trash of Server Diagnostics?
Yes.

If it said "trash the first time you install a piece of ice protecting a server" then that might be different since AC is installed in the server. But the ICE is still installed, so SD would get trashed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so.

From the rules:
For [click] , the Corporation installs a single agenda, asset, upgrade, or piece of ice from HQ, placing it facedown on the table.

http://netrunnercards.info/rules/en.html#rop52

So when you going to place a card on the table - you're installing it. It doesn't matter if it will be hosted on Awakening Center or not. And as we know - Awakening Center can host only Ice. Thus - you're installing Ice.

You have to trash Server Diagnostics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW: it would be different thing if Awakening Center had something like:

[click]: host Ice on Awakening Center. (just like Personal Workshop has)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 cards which uses "(to) host":
- Personal Workshop
- Rook
- Pawn
Cards moved with these abilities are not changed in gamestate of active/inactive or installed/uninstalled.

And there are cards with the constant ability "can host (something)":
This effect allows you to install a card as hosted on that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisso K
msg tools
No.

ICE on Awakening center IS NOT protecting the server. Lukac ruling was that ICE on center cannot be trashed by kraken.
Quote:
Q: Can the runner play Forged Activation Order or Infiltration on Awakening Centre ICE? Do those ICE get affected by Kraken?
A: The Runner can play Forged Activation Orders or Infiltration. Ice on Awakening Center are not affected by Kraken.
Kraken says:
"Play only if you stole an agenda this turn.
Choose a server. The Corp trashes 1 piece of ice protecting that server"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Adrian: you're right, but Rook and Pawn are self-referring and those cards are already installed so you're just "reinstalling" them. Even Deep Red confirms that Rook and Pawn are installed.

As for cards on Personal Workshop - it's totally different thing. Cards hosted on PW are NOT installed!

@krisso: um. You're right, but I think you're answering to some different question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
@Adrian: you're right, but Rook and Pawn are self-referring and those cards are already installed so you're just "reinstalling" them. Even Deep Red confirms that Rook and Pawn are installed.
While moving a Caïssa program from your rig onto an ICE, the state of the card is not changed, the card is still active and installed.
Changing the Host-Card for a Caïssa does not count as "re-installing" and can not trigger anything like "when installing".

ikex wrote:
As for cards on Personal Workshop - it's totally different thing. Cards hosted on PW are NOT installed!
While moving a card from your grip onto PW, the state of the card as beeing inactive and not installed is not changed.

Zyankalium wrote:
"(to) host":
Cards moved with these abilities are not changed in gamestate of beeing active/inactive or beeing installed/uninstalled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Krisso wrote:
No. ICE on Awakening center IS NOT protecting the server.
This is right, hosting a piece of ICE on Awakening Center does not trash Server Diagnostics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hraklea wrote:
Krisso wrote:
No. ICE on Awakening center IS NOT protecting the server.
This is right, hosting a piece of ICE on Awakening Center does not trash Server Diagnostics.
Trash Server Diagnostics when you install a piece of ice.

Awakening Center can host bioroid ice (each piece of ice is installed facedown, ignoring all install costs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisso K
msg tools
sorry, my bad - Vince A. "quoted" text from server diagnostics:
Quote:
"trash the first time you install a piece of ice protecting a server"
And i did not check if it is exact quotation from card

sever diagnostic says only about "instaling ICE" not "installing a piece of ice protecting a server" - in this case server diagnostic IS TRASHED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm....awhile back I asked if ice on Awakening Center is protecting this server, for the case of Edge of World, and got a resounding "yes", here in the forums. Not sure which is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. I believe that Ice hosted on Awakening Center doesn't count. Because it doesn't protect the server.

But I am not sure for Ice just rezzed on Awakening Center. I would go with "no", since Ice which protects server is placed in front of that server.

Rules:
http://netrunnercards.info/rules/en.html#rop23
"The Corporation installs ice to protect his servers. Installed ice is always dedicated to a particular server and placed in front of that server. Ice can protect an empty server. Ice is active if rezzed and inactive if unrezzed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The line, "Whenever the runner passes all of the ice protecting this server," would seem to imply that ice hosted on AC is not protecting the server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls