12 Posts

BGG» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: League of Legends Card Game preview set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Barton-Ross
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi guys, I'm posting around a preview of a project I've been working on, a card game based on the LoL IP. While it's obviously a fan project, I'm doing my best to ensure it is developed as close to professional good practice as possible- the results have been pretty good so far, but I really need more testing and feedback to hit the polish hard.

If you'd like a precis on the game you can read it here- http://makeagameofthat.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/breakfast-of... though be aware a lot has changed since then.

You can download the pack here- http://www.mediafire.com/download/sgz1dra14a2uwqg/LoLCG+prev...

It contains a set of print and play decks and an abridged rulebook so you can get a feel for the game's mechanics.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, here or via the project's email- lolcgproject@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Doebler
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: LoLCG preview set
WOW! Congrats on the design! I'll have to read the rules later, but it looks fantastic!

-Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat. Although the fog-of-war element of the game will be missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Might it be a good idea to actually say what "LoL" means in this context? That acronym stands for more than one thing. I was able to figure it out by examining the URL, but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
Microbadge: Swamped fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Total Confusion (TotalCon) attendeeMicrobadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Game Designer
I Agree. The game looks great, but I initially took it as "Laugh Out Loud Card Game (LoLCG, as I think will most of the rest of the internet.

Jlerpy wrote:
Might it be a good idea to actually say what "LoL" means in this context? That acronym stands for more than one thing. I was able to figure it out by examining the URL, but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
trollitc wrote:
I Agree. The game looks great, but I initially took it as "Laugh Out Loud Card Game (LoLCG, as I think will most of the rest of the internet.

Jlerpy wrote:
My first thought was Lands of Lore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Doebler
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I haven't gotten to play-testing yet, but I noticed Blue Team's Negatron Cloak a whooping 4 magic resist which builds into a Spirit Visage with only 2. Is this correct?

Thanks,
-Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ottewell
Canada
flag msg tools
Wow, the cards are absolutely fantastic. I am definitely going to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, a version of LoL where raging idiots don't ruin the game for new players? Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Abyad wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:
Hmmmm, a version of LoL where raging idiots don't ruin the game for new players? Count me in.
Depends on who you play this card game with.
Touche laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Barton-Ross
Australia
flag msg tools
Quote:
I haven't gotten to play-testing yet, but I noticed Blue Team's Negatron Cloak a whooping 4 magic resist which builds into a Spirit Visage with only 2. Is this correct?

Thanks,
-Sam
nice pickup. Dunno how that managed to get in there XD.

All the basic items are priced at 2 tokens for a point of statistic

Btw, for those of you who are picking this up and having a go, please please we would love your feedback and thoughts, particularly just on the basic way the game plays- we're still a bit early to be focusing on balance right now, We want to make sure the shell of the game is intuitive and plays smoothly and without too much clutter on the tabletop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls