Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
badge
Destroyers RULE and Battleships DROOL!
mbmbmbmbmb
The TIE Advanced miniature comes with a pair of target locks (TLs) which confuses me. I thought each ship could only initiate a single TL but could be TLed by a number of other opponents.

How come this blister comes with two sets of TLs? I must be missing something, which is no doubt very obvious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It fit on the die cut sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Probably this...

I've find it interesting how they choose to include some things and not others. Why do they include some extra things in some expansions, but then forget things in others. The expansion that included the shield upgrade didn't come with an extra shield token. That was annoying until I got another ship so I had extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
I've find it interesting how they choose to include some things and not others. Why do they include some extra things in some expansions, but then forget things in others.

Such as the Lambda not including numbers Not a huge deal or anything, but an odd omission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
I've find it interesting how they choose to include some things and not others. Why do they include some extra things in some expansions, but then forget things in others.

Such as the Lambda not including numbers Not a huge deal or anything, but an odd omission.

I hope they stop including them in general. So damn many numbers...so useless after 10 of them. But I suppose I could say the same thing for just about all the other components. I have more target locks, focus, evades, numbers, ions, and crit tokens. Does anyone even use crit tokens??? But I still keep them all. I even have a spot just for the proof of purchase tokens...why oh why am I keeping those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
I hope they stop including them in general. So damn many numbers...so useless after 10 of them. But I suppose I could say the same thing for just about all the other components. I have more target locks, focus, evades, numbers, ions, and crit tokens. Does anyone even use crit tokens??? But I still keep them all. I even have a spot just for the proof of purchase tokens...why oh why am I keeping those?

I actually have a bag of extra bits I'm never going to use set aside

I have a set of 15 numbers, two of each, in my kit. We've used up to 13 at once with 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

I actually have a bag of extra bits I'm never going to use set aside

I have a set of 15 numbers, two of each, in my kit. We've used up to 13 at once with 4 players.

I have a pill container with all the numbers 1 to 28 in individual compartments. Why? because I can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
killerardvark wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

I don't. I have 34 ships but number only up to 31 now. We use them for turn order.

I am a bit disappointed they started duplicating the target lock letters. I realize why they did but I might get to a point where 26 locks aren't enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

I'm sure that's part of it, use the cardboard up in the best way possible.

It's also a future protection thing. If anyone got 4 of them, the included target lock pairs would cover all four ships (1 unique letter on each side of each one of two). I think it's a good use of the cardboard, even if a bit overkill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I don't. I have 34 ships but number only up to 31 now. We use them for turn order.

That's exactly what we use them for as well.

'ColtsFan76 wrote:
I am a bit disappointed they started duplicating the target lock letters. I realize why they did but I might get to a point where 26 locks aren't enough!

26 target locks in one game would be insane; my kind of insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
locusshifter wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

That's exactly what we use them for as well.

'ColtsFan76 wrote:

26 target locks in one game would be insane; my kind of insane.

Yeah, not sure if we will ever field that many. But we typically play large scale battles - 4 on 4 players with each person controlling 2-3 ships. Not all would use target locks at once but it is just easier to keep them with each pilot instead of passing them around.

We are probably close to saturation but just in case....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
badge
Destroyers RULE and Battleships DROOL!
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. I thought that initially but thought that there must be some sort of card combination that I was missing. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.