Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/163536/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320

Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

Also, don't forget to relive all your Video Game excitement over on VGG!

http://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/163513/7-october-2013-what...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4x Magic: The Gathering
1x Summoner Wars: Master Set
1x Qwirkle
1x San Juan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2015 10x10 game challenge hardcore award - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!Microbadge: 2016 10x10 game challenge hardcore award - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!Microbadge: 2017 10x10 game challenge hardcore award - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!Microbadge: I completed the 2018 hardcore challenge to play 10 games 10 times each - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!Microbadge: I completed the 2019 hardcore challenge to play 10 games 10 times each - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!
Friday
3x - Guildhall
2x - Dungeon Roll

Saturday
3x - Castles of Burgundy
2x - Guildhall

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: Surrealism fanMicrobadge: Drum fan
Finished up Ora et Labora, a learning game I had on the table for quite some time.

Tinkered a little with Thunderbolt Apache Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some family came to visit, and I was able to introduce my 13-year-old cousin-in-law to Hive. We played twice...I won the first, he won the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Queen's Gambit arrived Friday, first game on Saturday. Wow this is an awesome game. Need to get the final song from the Phantom Menace now so we have a soundtrack to play to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Swinburne
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenoko
Pompeji
The Cave
The Castles of Burgundy
Kingdom Builder
Ticket to Ride: Nordic

Here in Adelaide it was a long weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Terrell
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got in a few games on Saturday:

Goa - Rapidly becoming a favorite!

Thurn and Taxis - My wife became increasingly frustrated with the Administrator wiping cities she needed off the board. I was able to complete my "7" cart while she and my daughter only completed the "5" cart.

Catan - Somehow I ended up a runaway winner this round. When the dice go your way developing is easy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An eleven hour game of Pursuit of Glory. I played the allies and did well until I got to Total Wasr. Then I realized some of the mistakes I had made. I had stopped raising the War status not realizing there were cards in Total War that required the status to be higher. This caused some huge problems. That coupled with back to back mandatory offesives that required no British offensives just when I had conquered Eygpt, taken Jeruslem and was pushing North. The Russian were also doing a good job pushing west when the revoltion started and that was the beginning of the end. This was only my second time playing and the first as the allies so I learned a lot. Not raising the war status was probably my biggest mistake as I could not play a few pivotal cards. As with all CDG's knowing the cards is a HUGE advantage.

In the end the Allies surrendered with the collapse of Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Ovcen
United States
Boynton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set & Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Character Add-On Deck twice. We lost the first attempt by running out of time and the second attempt, we worked together better and we won the second time through.

Kings of Air and Steam

The Road to Canterbury

Mice and Mystics This was the second unsuccessful play of chapter 3. Brodie keeps kicking my butt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
Zombicide

Sunday
Garden dice
Carcassonne
Forbidden island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuba Libre
A Brief History of the World
Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery (with The Serpents and the Wolf Expansion)
Eight-Minute Empire x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
Microbadge: Niccon attendeeMicrobadge: The Pulps fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Fan of the old BGG layout!
Last week I’ve played:

Defenders of the Realm - A two-player game: we’ve lost (again) due to the tainting of the land.

Twilight Struggle - I won as the US: it’s been my first success since a very long time. I celebrated by uplaoding this picture:

Love Letter - A six-player game: we used some kind of home-made version. It was a blast, as usual with this game.

Zooloretto - A five-player game: I was almost forced to play it and played very badly, without even trying to optimize my actions, and yet I scored second with 21 points (the carefully planned zoo of the winner gained him 27). What a poor excuse of a game.

Arkham Horror - A seven-player game at small local convention: after four good hours we were still light years away from the end and broke off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Reiner Knizia fanMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: San Diego Padres fanMicrobadge: I'm an old school Dungeon Master
The Pillars of the Earth x1 - First time after my solo learning game. Looks like it's a hit with my wife, so it will enter the gaming rotation.

Solo learning game of Lancaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Breedveld
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Small World fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game fan
Friday:
1x Dominion
a few rounds of The Great Dalmuti

Saturday:
a few games of Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game with my old two decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One 3-player co-op game of Mage Knight. We didn't play with the expansion, because we wanted a decent shot at winning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror x1 ... Took 4 1/2 hours excluding an hour break for supper. Sucked up our whole Saturday afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Blanchard
Canada
kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Quirkle X3
Dutch Blitz X2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
3 x Keyflower. Fun was had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Baker
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this game with my son:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/138205/skirmish-tactics-a...

Check it out! Free PnP, easy to learn, quick to play, but deep in strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror + DH. Solo with 4 investigators. Finally won a game after a streak of at least five losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dodger
United States
River Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only played one game and it was epic...Zooloretto!

This weekend, my wife and I sat down with our 14 year old daughter to play a game of Zooloretto. Now let me start by saying that when it comes to gaming, my wife seems to always take the action that hurts another player instead of the action that helps her the most. For years and years and years, we have argued about which strategy is the best, ultimately agreeing to disagree in this regard. However, karma must have been on my side this weekend.

About halfway through the game, my wife had two cheetahs in her barn and no place to put them. I, on the other hand, had an enclosure with only one cheetah that was starving for more. I also had three coins and was looking for a fourth coin that would allow me to buy both cheetahs from my wife, a move that would both bring my enclosure closer to completion while helping out the love of my life. At this point, the three trucks in the middle were mostly empty, with one having a cheetah and nothing else on it. And then the magic happened....

Now I'm known for picking a truck with only one or two tiles on it instead of waiting for it to fill up so when my wife picked a coin and began to decide where to place it, I quickly sat up and suggested that she place it on the truck with the one cheetah. My daughter had no empty enclosures left so placing the placing the coin on the truck with the cheetah would be a two point play for my wife, IMO. Look, I said, you know I'm going to pick that truck which will allow me to buy both of your cheetahs and my enclosure will still need two more animals before scoring points.

But nooooo, she went ahead and placed it on an empty truck.

So I went ahead and paid money to switch my cheetahs with the pandas in my barn and proceeded to finish a distant third with something like 17 points. My wife and daughter, on the other hand, both finished with 28 points, with my daughter getting the win since she had more money (I think that was the tiebreaker). We were all smiles until I realized that my suggested play would have netted my wife two points, giving her one less type of animal in her barn which ultimately penalized her two points.

When I happily pointed this out and began to laugh quietly (I think they could hear me two towns away), the smile slid off my wife's face and she stood up and trudged to the bedroom "quietly" closing the door behind her.

I suppose since we have sharp knives in the kitchen it will be in my best interest to never bring up this particular night again. But I just had to share it with someone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday night, at home with the wife:

Alhambra
Lords of Waterdeep

Saturday, at FNC Guild Group

Rapa Nui - Exactly 1 turn. Broke up to start larger game.
Las Vegas - Played two rounds. Broke up to start heavier games. C'mon guys, how about a little commitment here? shake
Fury of Dracula (Second Edition) - First time for me. Dr. Seward, at your service. Damn, we got utterly destroyed by The Count! devil
Ora et Labora - Another first for me. Brain hurts! Finished last (no shock there) but how I came in within 10% of the leader I'll never know. surprise
The Speicherstadt - Finally, a game I know. I got this... I got this... Arggh! Lost on the coins tiebreaker! cry

Saturday, back home

The Speicherstadt - Try again with two people who have never played. I win! The path to victory goes through the newbies. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars - AthensMicrobadge: Empire of the Sun fanMicrobadge: For the People fanMicrobadge: I read the Babylon Bee!Microbadge: South Carolina
Played Blood Bowl Team Manager with sons (10 and 6 years old). I beat them because every time a bowl game came up, they loaded it up with cards leaving me to sweep the highlights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bora Bora - Liked it a lot though I didn't do too well. First time playing this one. There's a lot going on in this game.

Trains - Loved this one. First time playing it.

Railways of North America - Best game of the day. First time playing this one also. Came in dead last, but loved every minute.

Clash of Cultures - Only got to watch this played, but it looked great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |