8 Posts

Exodus: Proxima Centauri» Forums » General

Subject: I made an Trade app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Svensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: LEVEL 7 [Omega Protocol] fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Exodus: Proxima Centauri fan
Hi there, first post here.
Got Exodus a month ago and i absolutely love it. But i thought the trading process was rather tedious. So i thought, lets combine two hobbies. Programming and Boardgames

So im learning python and made an app that makes trading easier, just push some buttons.

Here is a screenshot, is there anyone intrested in this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwarf Bashful the 6th
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This idea is extremely cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Butt
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very cool, thank you for sharin! Will I be able to use it on my Android phone, even if on low data Web page if need be?

Will It have advanced trading valu es included?

Will I be able to tell it to do 2 or 4 trades just for profit? Trade forwards and backwards?

I have some rules questions. Does everyone get to trade after someone chooses the trade action?
Can Phasium be traded for Axium for free, or as one action, or do you need to sell it and buy the other as two actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
You have to be the one choosing a trad action if you want to trade.
TO convert Phasium to Axinium you have to first sell Phasium to get CP and then buy Axinium with CP. As a minimum you need 1 "sell" and 1 "buy"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Butt
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you. Although the trade example in the rule book implies the people who takes the trade action go first, then other players can trade. Thus my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Chang
United States
Burbank
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

I have a related important question. I thought Python doesn't run on Android OS. How did you achieve this? Is there a book you recommend? I'm a beginning programmer and passed on Python for this very reason. Thanks!

Jacob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Svensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: LEVEL 7 [Omega Protocol] fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Exodus: Proxima Centauri fan
Wow, got some great response here now, seems like there is some interest then. Will try to release it in some way ASAP.

Im using Kivy GUI for python, it runs on all platforms, windows mac android iOS. http://kivy.org/#home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Chang
United States
Burbank
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alex!

Thumb up