Subject: A different perspective on climate change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: I couldn't care less what color I play with!Microbadge: I rarely log my playsMicrobadge: Good games do not need expansions!Microbadge: I avoid Kickstarter
An interesting article appeared in the journal Nature. Just sharing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because everyone in RSP reads journals like this:

Nucleation rates J were measured under neutral (Jn), galactic cosmic ray (Jgcr) and π+ beam (Jπ) conditions, corresponding to ion-pair concentrations of about 0, 650 and 3,000 cm−3, respectively. Both Jgcr and Jπ comprise the sum of neutral and ion-induced nucleation rates, whereas Jn measures the neutral rate alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked it, Moshe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: I couldn't care less what color I play with!Microbadge: I rarely log my playsMicrobadge: Good games do not need expansions!Microbadge: I avoid Kickstarter
Yes, notably the news-feed which linked this article also had one on CLOUD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Rain forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I knew that hair spray my mom used in the 70's was going to kill me eventually.
Managed to dodge the 80's hair rage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
I knew that hair spray my mom used in the 70's was going to kill me eventually.
Managed to dodge the 80's hair rage?

It was the music that almost killed us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I need an abstract of the abstract.

These results show that, in regions of the atmosphere near amine sources, both amines and sulphur dioxide should be considered when assessing the impact of anthropogenic activities on particle formation.

So they should be considered - as in what? Do they or do they not contribute to climate change, according to this article?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The article is about the experiment examination of how exactly human activities could lead to climate change. A problem with climate change models is that we have amazingly detailed evidence for the overall big picture details but the smaller details from which the big picture arises are more mysterious. That makes both modelling climate change and practically dealing with it extremely difficult. The article deals with the atmospheric chemistry going on, although it cannot claim to reflect all processes involved necessarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Microbadge: I play with poker chipsMicrobadge: I play with poker chipsMicrobadge: I play with poker chipsMicrobadge: impliesMicrobadge: Always the Banker
Someone citing actual science in RSP? I think my brain will explode now.

More on topic: So it sounds like we need more acid rain. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
I need an abstract of the abstract.

These results show that, in regions of the atmosphere near amine sources, both amines and sulphur dioxide should be considered when assessing the impact of anthropogenic activities on particle formation.

So they should be considered - as in what? Do they or do they not contribute to climate change, according to this article?
Am I the only one who read it as "anime" the first time? I can see the headlines now:

Scienctists Find Dragonball, Cosplay Leading Causes of Global Warming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Yes, because everyone in RSP reads journals like this:

Nucleation rates J were measured under neutral (Jn), galactic cosmic ray (Jgcr) and π+ beam (Jπ) conditions, corresponding to ion-pair concentrations of about 0, 650 and 3,000 cm−3, respectively. Both Jgcr and Jπ comprise the sum of neutral and ion-induced nucleation rates, whereas Jn measures the neutral rate alone.
Well perhaps not everyone... but a good chunk of us do.

Some of us even WRITE stuff like that. Marc's pending journal article he posted a link to here sometime back was really interesting. And I know I have linked nuclear clean-up papers here a couple of times in the past when people asked to see some of my published work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls