Odious Maximus
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Say you have three units in one stack and one is wearing a hit counter. If you move this stacked group to an adjacent hex, for example, does it matter if the order of stacking changes? That is, if the top unit was an MMG, the second unit a hit rifles and the bottom another rifles, does it matter if, for example, the hit rifles ends up on top and the machine gun at the bottom? Is their a hierarchy?

I wondered about this when it came to the opponent firing on a stack. He may object if the rifles with the hit counter, which had been in the middle of the stack of three before the previous action, is now on the bottom, because he may have rolled a number sufficient for a hit when firing at the second unit. Now, however, the hit unit is in a different position in the stack: he may think he has been robbed of an opportunity to eliminate the rifles with a second hit.

Does this make sense? I guess what I am asking is whether rifles are supposed to be stacked above or below MMGs in some sort of hierarchy; or in the absence of a hierarchy, whether whatever random stacking order units in a hex have needs to be maintained when moving into a different hex.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odiousmaximus wrote:
Say you have three units in one stack and one is wearing a hit counter. If you move this stacked group to an adjacent hex, for example, does it matter if the order of stacking changes? That is, if the top unit was an MMG, the second unit a hit rifles and the bottom another rifles, does it matter if, for example, the hit rifles ends up on top and the machine gun at the bottom? Is their a hierarchy?

I wondered about this when it came to the opponent firing on a stack. He may object if the rifles with the hit counter, which had been in the middle of the stack of three before the previous action, is now on the bottom, because he may have rolled a number sufficient for a hit when firing at the second unit. Now, however, the hit unit is in a different position in the stack: he may think he has been robbed of an opportunity to eliminate the rifles with a second hit.

Does this make sense? I guess what I am asking is whether rifles are supposed to be stacked above or below MMGs in some sort of hierarchy; or in the absence of a hierarchy, whether whatever random stacking order units in a hex have needs to be maintained when moving into a different hex.

Regards

It doesn't matter what order they are stacked in. The rolling player can always simply choose what order they roll against the units in, if they don't want to roll top to bottom (or bottom to top - there's nothing in the rules to say you have to roll them in a certain order.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb

Stack order doesn't matter.

When a hex is fired on, all units in that hex are targeted by the same fire order. The attacker rolls a separate attack against each unit in that hex and the attacker may choose the order in which to resolve those attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify: stack order does not matter in your scenario but it does matter when you have units and transport vehicles in the same hex. Units on top of vehicles are loaded/transported while units under vehicles have unloaded and can move separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odious Maximus
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, thanks guys. I havent got up to the vehicle part of the game yet either.

Thanks again for your clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.