Burning Suns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin C
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi!

I have to thank you for Burning Suns, for allowing me contribute to this great project and for hours of fun I already had playing this game. I have several questions about game rules for you.

1. Antimatter gain:
Rulebook says that if you win battle/assault againts enemy empire you gain one antimatter.
What about winning battle/assault againts neutral or hostile world?
What about ties results ? When all units on both sides are destroyed ?

2. +X to first attack:
Is this bonus to roll applied only when player has initiative? Or is it applied to first salvo = even defending player without initiative has this bonus ?

3. Battle flow - Strike squadron:
We were really confused with this race card. We came up with 4 ways how to interpret this card.
(**BEFORE BATTLE** IF THE ENEMY HAS A STARBASE, 6 OF YOUR CHOOSEN SHIPS GET TO STRIKE FIRST )
So lets say that terran is attacking guardian. Terran has two fleets. Guardian has one fleet with starbase.
How is the battle resolve ? Is it still one battle just with change initiative?
Can terran choose his 6 ships from the other non-attacking fleet ?
What ships can use +x on first srike bonus ?

4. Construction blocks:
Is it possible to block enemy construction by having fleet in his system ?

5. Agent / Artifacts:
Is new A/A revealed only at start of new round ?
Do I have to replace my old A/A when I succesfuly recruit / scan new A/A? Or Can I choose to discard the new one ?
Where do you put discarded (used) A/A ?

6. Diplomacy / mission :
Is it possible to conduct diplomacy / mission throught unexplored system ?

7. Fleets managment :
When can I devide or mergre fleets ?

8. Will you update PnP version when you finish prototype ?

Thank you,

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember to play you need read not only manual 1 but also manual 3!

Vere wrote:

1. Antimatter gain:
Rulebook says that if you win battle/assault againts enemy empire you gain one antimatter.
What about winning battle/assault againts neutral or hostile world?
Neutral or inhabited world there are no battle only ocupation so no one get antimater. Check Inhabitet system
Hostile I think that the same no one get antimater but I no so sure in this case.
But look at Emil says in other topic
Emilarsen wrote:
If it isn't in the rules, you can't do it

But thanks for inspiration - I'm thinking about all the stuff you come up with.

Best regards Emil
Vere wrote:
What about ties results ? When all units on both sides are destroyed ?
I don't sure that situation as this can be in this game

Vere wrote:
2. +X to first attack:
Is this bonus to roll applied only when player has initiative?
Or is it applied to first salvo = even defending player without initiative has this bonus ?
Option 2

Vere wrote:
3. Battle flow - Strike squadron:
We were really confused with this race card. We came up with 4 ways how to interpret this card.
(**BEFORE BATTLE** IF THE ENEMY HAS A STARBASE, 6 OF YOUR CHOOSEN SHIPS GET TO STRIKE FIRST )
So lets say that terran is attacking guardian. Terran has two fleets. Guardian has one fleet with starbase.
How is the battle resolve ? Is it still one battle just with change initiative?
Special attack from race card is kind of before the actual battle. See "before battle" This card does not change inititive in Battle, because Battle will take place after this attack.

Vere wrote:
Can terran choose his 6 ships from the other non-attacking fleet ?
You can't have two fleet in the same system. Manual Fleet = Every one of an empire’s ships and unique units in a system. Two of your fleet in the same system automaticaly merge.

Vere wrote:
What ships can use +x on first srike bonus ?
In your situation as rules says, Starbase Grants the fleet it’s stationed with initiative in battles. so Guardians has inictiative.
Special attack from race card is kind of before the actual battle

Vere wrote:
4. Construction blocks:
Is it possible to block enemy construction by having fleet in his system ?
No they are just there.
Emilarsen wrote:
You can easily coexist with other empires, fleets and what not.
But a fleet from a "non-ally" will always be treated as an "opposing" fleet, meaning it'll halt your jump once you enter the system with your own fleet.
You then need to take a new jump action in order to move out of that system.

Vere wrote:
5. Agent / Artifacts:
Is new A/A revealed only at start of new round ?
Manual
Refill Refill every green slot and any empty blue slots on the galactic market. > Refill or exchange any face up agent and artifact card(s), place old cards in bottom of draw pile.

Vere wrote:
Do I have to replace my old A/A when I succesfuly recruit / scan new A/A? Or Can I choose to discard the new one ?
Where do you put discarded (used) A/A ?
Manual
See amount of artifacts you can hold at any given time on your empire structure. If you go beyond the limit discard any (means new or old) artifact before ending your action (place old card in bottom of draw pile).

Vere wrote:
6. Diplomacy / mission :
Is it possible to conduct diplomacy / mission throught unexplored system ?
No.
Manual
Jumps, missions, diplomacy, actions or abilitiescan’t be executed if you don’t have an explored path from one of your systems to the target.

Explored path means that all systems between the objective and your system must be discovered.

Vere wrote:
7. Fleets managment :
When can I devide or mergre fleets ?
When you jump. If fleet are in the same system after jump they automaticaly merge.
Divide seen below.
Manual Jump
Fleet = Every one of an empire’s ships and unique units in a system.
> You don’t have to jump with all units in a fleet or ground force.
> You can drop units off during your jump, but you can’t pick units up on the way

Quote:
8. Will you update PnP version when you finish prototype ?
Quote:
If we're successful with the Kickstarter, we'll give every backer access to the "Print'n'Play"-prototype files (PDFs) as soon as possible, so people can start creating their own prototype.

Backers who have pledge for "Promo backer" or more, will get the Final PDFs (the ones that goes to the printer) and the 3D files of the entire game, so you'll be able to create their own version of the finished game.

P'n'P Prototype > All backers > 1-2 months after Kickstarter > PDFs (our own setup).
P'n'P Final > Promo backers and up > 1-2 months after the final production have started > PDFs + 3D (manufacturer's setup).
See kickstarter FAQ on Kickstarter Site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin,

Thank you for reaching out - I'm very happy to hear you've already had fun with the game, that means a lot

Nice to see Robert has already answered a lot of your questions.

About the battles and "tie results":
In case of ties nobody gets an antimatter

The outcome is new, since we changed to simultaneously roll after first strike.
A tie isn't a "win" in my mind - and therefore that's what I'll be referring to.

Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls