Subject: El Che? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the card El Che says that the first 26J group to march on each March operation flips Underground after marching.

The rules state that if Guerillas march into a location with support and number of Cubes + Guerillas are 3 or more, Guerillas become active.

So if El Che is in play and 26J March into a space that fulfils the conditions to flip all Guerillas active, will the Guerillas end up Active or underground?

I understand that card text supersedes rules, but I am not clear on the order in which events would resolve in this case, will the Guerillas march, flip underground and after marching flip to active, or is it the other way around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Yoshi!

The Guerrillas would carry out their March procedure (3.3.2) then flip Underground via "El Che" (regardless of what else happened on the March).

Best regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm having my first game of Cuba Libre and the following, probably quite a simple question came up.

First off, to keep things simple for a beginner, I only reveal the current event card, not the upcoming one. And so, it happened that during the previous turn, 26July had undertaken some stuff and was thus moved into the ineligible box. At the start of the following turn, however, the next card to be drawn was El Che, a card that no one else than 26July can do anything with. As far as I can figure out, nothing will happen during this turn as 26July is in the ineligible box, right? And so I will just go on to draw the next action card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
I'm having my first game of Cuba Libre and the following, probably quite a simple question came up.

First off, to keep things simple for a beginner, I only reveal the current event card, not the upcoming one. And so, it happened that during the previous turn, 26July had undertaken some stuff and was thus moved into the ineligible box. At the start of the following turn, however, the next card to be drawn was El Che, a card that no one else than 26July can do anything with. As far as I can figure out, nothing will happen during this turn as 26July is in the ineligible box, right? And so I will just go on to draw the next action card.

You haven't quite got it. First faction on the card is 26July, who you said are in the ineligible box. Then Government has the next choice, and so on. The Government could do the event (which they probably don't want to do) or use it for an Op+Special, or even just an Op. Or they could pass and get resources. Then, depending on what the Government does, DR will get a similar set of choices, then Syndicate.

Does this help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
^This. Rule section 2.3.4 describes all the options available to the eligible factions. You are never forced to play the Event if you dont want to.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Oh yes, of course there are other options left for the other factions than just playing the card. Somehow that just slipped my mind, a beginner that I am. Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, 26July could pay another Faction (with Resources or other promised favors) to execute the Event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Also, 26July could pay another Faction (with Resources or other promised favors) to execute the Event.

I love this negotiation aspect of the game! It's just me, myself and I playing this time so the negotiations flow smoothly.

You've heard this a thousand times but thanks so much for this cool game, Volko.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Pleasure, on behalf also of Jeff Grossman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
Volko wrote:

I love this negotiation aspect of the game! It's just me, myself and I playing this time so the negotiations flow smoothly.

You've heard this a thousand times but thanks so much for this cool game, Volko.

Amazing game :-)

PS: I know factions can exchange cash at any time but they can also do this with raw resources!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inkwell84 wrote:
masil wrote:
Volko wrote:

Amazing game :-)

PS: I know factions can exchange cash at any time but they can also do this with raw resources!?

Yes. 1.5.1 allows the transfer of Resources during a faction's Op, SA, or Event play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Note that rule 1.5.1 was changed in the reprint. In the original rules you could transfer both Cash and Resources at any time you wanted to; with the reprint rules, you can only do so when either the giving or the receiving Faction is executing an OP, SA or Event.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose the that 26July have three active guerrillas in Havana. If the El Che insurgent capability is active, will marching three more 26July guerrillas into Havana flip the ones that were already there to underground? Does the El Che insurgent capability only apply to the guerrillas that are actually marching? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
Suppose the that 26July have three active guerrillas in Havana. If the El Che insurgent capability is active, will marching three more 26July guerrillas into Havana flip the ones that were already there to underground? Does the El Che insurgent capability only apply to the guerrillas that are actually marching? Thanks.

The card says the first group to move flips Underground, so it would only be the 3 that move in that would flip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.