7 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcements and creatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Does the Reinforcements power allow you to deploy creatures from your reserve the way a recruitment action does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creatures will automatically be re spawned where you have units in your city. If that happens to be when you recruit, then yes. It could happen right when the creature dies if you have units in your city right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: Helios fanMicrobadge: GeekModderMicrobadge: Gold game player. At least 5,000 logged game plays!
Strictly speaking, creatures should never be in your reserve. If a creature is removed from the board because its associated troop is destroyed, and there is no troop in your city where it can be repositioned, then it sits on its power tile waiting for the reinforcement action that will allow it to reappear. It does not count as one of the units being taken from the reserve, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
reddish22 wrote:
Creatures will automatically be re spawned where you have units in your city. If that happens to be when you recruit, then yes. It could happen right when the creature dies if you have units in your city right away.
So you're saying that if I place a unit in my city with Reinforcements, I can place a creature with it?

What if I place a unit into a troop somewhere else with Reinforcements? Can I place a creature with it then?

Carthoris wrote:
Strictly speaking, creatures should never be in your reserve. If a creature is removed from the board because its associated troop is destroyed, and there is no troop in your city where it can be repositioned, then it sits on its power tile waiting for the reinforcement action that will allow it to reappear. It does not count as one of the units being taken from the reserve, though.
Thanks, I knew that. As long as everyone remembers that creatures are not units, I think it's easier to say they're in your reserve than say they're "off the board, sitting on their power tile which is in your possession".

Edit:

I've dug up the rules.

On the one hand, when you first buy a creature, "The player can immediately put the creature down in one of his three city districts if he has at least one unit in this district. (...) If the last unit with a creature is destroyed, the creature is immediately put back in the city, on a district with at least one unit.".

On the other hand, "A creature in the reserve will return to the board, in one of a player's districts, when he uses the Recruit action.". It makes no mention of other means of placing units on the board, just the Recruit action.

This would seem to rather limit the power of Reinforcements in the mid- to late game, when an army without a creature is vulnerable to those that have them. You can get four units for free, but you'll still have to spend a Recruit action if you want to add a creature to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamhock DeShabado
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tasty Minstrel Games "Colosseum" ContestMicrobadge: 20 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 2019 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: So Very Wrong About Games fan
Can someone please answer the actual question. Can you redeploy a creature when you use the blue level 4 power reinforcement?
Or can it only be a recruit action?

I can't tell from the responses if it's yes or no.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The creature may join any troop you have within your city, whether recruited, moved from an adjacent space, or via the "Reinforcements" tile.

VWValker wrote:
Can someone please answer the actual question. Can you redeploy a creature when you use the blue level 4 power reinforcement?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
VWValker wrote:

Thank you.
No. The rules has already been quoted above.

A creature only appears in a city space with a troop already there if the creature was just destroyed in a battle (i.e. the troop it was with was destroyed), or if you have just bought the power tile of the creature.

A creature can only come out of your reserves when you take the Recruit action, as explicitly stated.

None of the other actions that allow you to put units on the board (playing a DI - Enlistment, or resolving the Reinforcement bonus) are Recruit actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls