Subject: Convoy intercept - London rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harrod

Carrollton
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Since London is a dual port, connecting to both North Sea and North Atlantic zones. Can Germans do convoy intercept if they control the North Sea with a fleet on British convoys out of London that use the North Atlantic zone for convoy to France? Essentially, does a dual port count as a space in both naval zones and thus available to convoy intercept if that port space is used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidKH wrote:
Since London is a dual port, connecting to both North Sea and North Atlantic zones. Can Germans do convoy intercept if they control the North Sea with a fleet on British convoys out of London that use the North Atlantic zone for convoy to France? Essentially, does a dual port count as a space in both naval zones and thus available to convoy intercept if that port space is used?

It does allow the use of both, but having a dual-port is an advantage, not a disadvantage. It allows a choice between routes. So - no.

This means that the Axis player(s) must grab a port in the NA before they can really open up a viable strategic naval campaign against the UK/US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David – I’m glad Dan answered your question with a no. It makes perfect sense to me that the Brits can embark on a naval mission to either the North Sea zone or the North Atlantic zone because the London port is part of both zones (i.e. dual port). It doesn’t make sense to me however, that a German Fleet operating in the North Sea can just freely cruise on through the English Channel to intercept a UK Fleet on its way to France just because London straddles both sea zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Grossman
United States
Kerrville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A German fleet in the North Sea Zone Box can't Convoy Intercept a UK fleet coming out of London on its way to France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stangrossman wrote:
A German fleet in the North Sea Zone Box can't Convoy Intercept a UK fleet coming out of London on its way to France.

That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DHolte wrote:
stangrossman wrote:

That is correct.

That's exactly what I was saying. (Or at least tried to.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.