Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Crush. Mix. Burn. Repeat.
Microbadge: Whiskey!Microbadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...
Re: 2013 Wargame Secret Santa Grogs - EXCHANGE IS OPEN
Alliterato wrote:
Is it possible to not send the gift from my country but order it from one of the target country's shop? The shipping cost would be less in this way.
Yes, to my knowledge there are even some shops in America helping with Secret Santa orders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: GameChat League - Amoeba Division: "Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!"Microbadge: Panzer Grenadier fan - Member of PG-HQMicrobadge: Baltimore Orioles fanMicrobadge: Kiva - Team BoardGameGeek memberMicrobadge: 18xx fan
Sure, let's be in this year. I guess I should update my wish list.

Edit: I will only ship CONUS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Like the last few years, I am in on this one.

I received some great gifts over the years, but last year, I had a feeling my target only joined in order to receive. I would love to have known if my thoughts were correct. Either way, the this is always a fun time of year for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.”
badge
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”
Microbadge: I like a small collection of gamesMicrobadge: Friends you make over a board game table can last a lifetimeMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: I have more previously owned games than owned games
After being double Scrooged last year, I told myself never again. But who am I kidding? I've had tons of fun taunting/spoiling my targets over the years and made some terrific friends in the process. And that's the best part of this. So count me in for a 5th year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pennsylvania Railroad enthusiastMicrobadge: I love Hawaii - The Aloha State!Microbadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Dice fanMicrobadge: Transformers fan

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Our house is known as "that house on the corner" as we decorate every nook and cranny. Of course I like receiving gifts but I truly enjoy shopping for that perfect / unique gift for someone.

So yeah.....I am in as a first timer ..... but I am sure not the last.

I already have some great ideas.....now time to scan last years boards to see what has already been done.

This is going to be fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Microbadge: World in Flames fanMicrobadge: xkcd fanMicrobadge: 02022020 egdaborcimicrobadge 20200202Microbadge: Weird Al Yankovic fanMicrobadge: The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret.
ElFluppe wrote:
Alliterato wrote:
Is it possible to not send the gift from my country but order it from one of the target country's shop? The shipping cost would be less in this way.
Yes, to my knowledge there are even some shops in America helping with Secret Santa orders!
And I used a game shop in a non-USA country to direct order a secret santa gift for a geek in that country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Microbadge: Premier League fanMicrobadge: Liverpool fan - "You'll Never Walk Alone"Microbadge: UEFA Champions League fanMicrobadge: Liverpool fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Dodgers fan
I'll be in again.

licinius wrote:
And I'm in again. Will try not to overdo it too much this year... Mwahahahaha!!!! devil
If you get me as your target, Carl, you don't have to hold back. You might strain yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This sounds very intriguing and fun!

ninja

I would participate, but I am not sure I qualify.

I joined BGG early this year: does that qualify me as a "New User"?

In the meantime I updated my wishlist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: LinguistMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: My cat destroys games in progressMicrobadge: Tai Chi fan
moujamou wrote:
I really want to get involved in this but things get very expensive very quickly when shipping out of the UK so I can't decide what to do. I don't want to be mean and say I can only send to the UK but if I ship overseas it really limits how much stuff I can send. Dilemma. Sad face.
Actually, I perceive it to be an issue the other way around. I had no problem last year with my target, who lives in the US, so I could ship from a US shop directly to them (and shipping was free!). My Santa had to figure in 25USD for shipping... That was the bigger issue.
I have therefore decided not to participate this year, because my Secret Santa "swallowed" 25USD for shipping on a game worth 40 USD. So, in all, he gave me a great present at huge expenses to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Microbadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: 2010 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participant
Kallisto wrote:
moujamou wrote:
I really want to get involved in this but things get very expensive very quickly when shipping out of the UK so I can't decide what to do. I don't want to be mean and say I can only send to the UK but if I ship overseas it really limits how much stuff I can send. Dilemma. Sad face.
Actually, I perceive it to be an issue the other way around. I had no problem last year with my target, who lives in the US, so I could ship from a US shop directly to them (and shipping was free!). My Santa had to figure in 25USD for shipping... That was the bigger issue.
I have therefore decided not to participate this year, because my Secret Santa "swallowed" 25USD for shipping on a game worth 40 USD. So, in all, he gave me a great present at huge expenses to him.
Moujamou: You shouldn't worry about it. I bet there are plenty of people in the UK who join.

Kallisto: You probably shouldn't worry too. We can all choose where we want to send, and can all go to the post office and see what it'll cost. Plenty of people probably want to see you have a great, fun holiday season too, and some of them won't care about an extra ten bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Microbadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Gelato participantMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
_viper_ wrote:
This sounds very intriguing and fun!

ninja

I would participate, but I am not sure I qualify.

I joined BGG early this year: does that qualify me as a "New User"?

In the meantime I updated my wishlist
You're welcome to participate.

New user = someone with the BGG new user badge on their account. Like the Elf Commando Squad

Elf Commando Squad
Canada
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Crush. Mix. Burn. Repeat.
Microbadge: Whiskey!Microbadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...
Elf Commando Squad isn't allowed to participate? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Microbadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Gelato participantMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
ElFluppe wrote:
The Elf Commando Squad is comprised of Santa Grogs' minions.

We have 55 signed up... So far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Blinkinsop
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: 2015 Wargames Secret Santa ParticipantMicrobadge: 2016 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
ElFluppe wrote:
They better be allowed, I signed up as a squaddie as well as a participant.

Kallisto wrote:
You can choose which countries you're willing to ship to.

I like shipping internationally because it gives me a chance to see how my favorite game stores deal with international names and addresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Moles
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I get distracted ea - SQUIRREL!Microbadge: I train my kid to become a wargamerMicrobadge: Vassal playerMicrobadge: I wish I had a games groupMicrobadge: Flying Monkey: fueling children's nightmares since 1939
I'm in and prepped for shipping

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Joy Division fanMicrobadge: JackassMicrobadge: Whiskey!Microbadge: Pink Floyd fan - The WallMicrobadge: Subgenius
I'm in... I did the regular BGG Secret Santa last year and it tore my heart out to send a Euro ... Hopefully this will be a better environment for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Victory Games fanMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: Burning ManMicrobadge: Ambush! fanMicrobadge: Solitaire Gamer
I have a very small boardgame fund for the next year or so, but I would rather spread the love than spend it all on myself. I regret not participating last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Microbadge: Premier League fanMicrobadge: Liverpool fan - "You'll Never Walk Alone"Microbadge: UEFA Champions League fanMicrobadge: Liverpool fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Dodgers fan
wifwendell wrote:
ElFluppe wrote:
Alliterato wrote:
And I used a game shop in a non-USA country to direct order a secret santa gift for a geek in that country.
Folio and other ziplock-sized games can be mailed in quantity with relatively low postage costs. Envelopes, even large ones, generally ship for much less than packages. Plus, in the US, packages under 4 lbs. qualify for the more affordable First Class International rate.

Overseas targets should probably expect to see stuff from Victory Point Games rather than Columbia as their gifts from a US-based Secret Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Here I Stand fanMicrobadge: Kremlin fanMicrobadge: Fencing fanMicrobadge: Pursuit of Glory fanMicrobadge: Paths of Glory fan
Santa, the little hand on the clock says it's time to rock and roll! Looking forward to this secret santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Transmetropolitan fanMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Nemo's War fanMicrobadge: At Dawn We Ate Sugar Smacks
Is it Christmas yet? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This year... I'm in again. I'll be so much fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Lazaroski
United States
Montgomery
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest fanMicrobadge: Zombicide fanMicrobadge: Descent 2nd Edition fan
So in! The few years I've done it, it is better than the regular BGG Secret Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mantooth012 wrote:
So in! The few years I've done it, it is better than the regular BGG Secret Santa.
I haven't taken part in the main exchange for several years. It's become just too big.

This one is still small enough to feel personal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My first grogs, but lookin' forward! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |