Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
Microbadge: Afrika - Second Edition fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: Games Receiving the Calandale Video Treatment fanMicrobadge: Miniatures wargaming fan - American Civil War (Union)Microbadge: Redmond Simonsen fan
Re: 2013 Wargame Secret Santa Grogs - EXCHANGE IS OPEN
Had a great time last year - looking forward to it this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition) fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 2017 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
resQscooter wrote:
I did the regular BGG Secret Santa last year and it tore my heart out to send a Euro
Imagine how you would feel giving Munchkin to someone for Christmas !

Spoiler (click to reveal)
yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Microbadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fan
Is there a 2012 Wargame SS Grogs link where I can look at what everyone received last year? I'm relatively new to wargaming and wanted to get some ideas on games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Neff
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: CatholicMicrobadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: Iron Maiden fanMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Fire Emblem fan
The 2013 "Look What Santa Grogs Sent Me" topic that's linked to in the first post contains links to all the ones from previous years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old liberal optimist
badge
An Elf, a Human, and a Dwarf walk into a bar...
Microbadge: Honor + Intrigue RPG fanMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Siamese cat loverMicrobadge: Hansa Teutonica fanMicrobadge: Nations at War: White Star Rising fan
First time for the Wargame exchange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
now retired so more time for boardgaming!
badge
Alumini of Dogwarts University - Double First : Engineering for Dogs
Microbadge: Snowdonia fan - The Daffodil LineMicrobadge: Agatha Christie: Death on the Cards fanMicrobadge: Indoor Climbing fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Opera fan
Glad to be back again this year

Looking forward to the taunts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Conceicao
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: These pretzels are making me thirstyMicrobadge: Every true 18xx fan knows you should use $25 chipsMicrobadge: Sporting Clube de Portugal fan
After 7 years in the main exchange here I am! First time for Santa Grogs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
Microbadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Spurs fanMicrobadge: Warfighter fanMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: COIN fan
First time for Santa Grogs! I usually do the main exchange. Looking forward to making someone happy. Please send me my target!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Microbadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Gelato participantMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
Mallet wrote:
resQscooter wrote:
I did the regular BGG Secret Santa last year and it tore my heart out to send a Euro

yuk
If I get you, you're getting a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Luxembourg
Luxemburg City
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Roxley Games "Brass" Contest participantMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Reggie Games "ELO Darkness" Contest participantMicrobadge: Valley Games D-Day Dice Contest participantMicrobadge: Fairytale Games & Greenbrier Games "Double Feature" Contest participant
Once more unto the breach, dear friends laugh

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: The theme is strong with this oneMicrobadge: Cold War Games fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and euros
Next week: Hawing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

I'm in for my first Secret Santa!

Bring it on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Microbadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Gelato participantMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
Now at 85 people... 63 more to tie last year's total...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
“All through time, people have basically acted and reacted the same way in the market as a result of greed, fear, ignorance, and hope. That is why the numerical formations and patterns recur on a constant basis. Over and over, with slight variations.
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
Microbadge: Chinatown fanMicrobadge: Paths of Glory fanMicrobadge: Has attended Bowellcon at least onceMicrobadge: Founding Fathers fanMicrobadge: Here I Stand fan
62 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elf Commando Squad
Canada
flag msg tools
Alliterato wrote:
Is it possible to not send the gift from my country but order it from one of the target country's shop? The shipping cost would be less in this way.
Absolutely. It's the best way to economize on shipping costs, especially if your target is in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
Microbadge: Afrika - Second Edition fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: Games Receiving the Calandale Video Treatment fanMicrobadge: Miniatures wargaming fan - American Civil War (Union)Microbadge: Redmond Simonsen fan
Elf Commando Squad wrote:
Alliterato wrote:
Is it possible to not send the gift from my country but order it from one of the target country's shop? The shipping cost would be less in this way.
Absolutely. It's the best way to economize on shipping costs, especially if your target is in the US.
Yes, if you're outside the US you can order online through someplace like CoolStuffInc.com, Noble Knight or NWS Online, then you can just pay for domestic US shipping. The downside is that you can't really wrap the items (CoolStuffInc might have a giftwrap option) or add handwritten notes or other goodies to the package. Some Santa Grogs like to add a personal touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!Microbadge: Make love, play wargames!Microbadge: Vassal player
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I already got my 2013 SS-badge where is the so much cooler 2013 SG-badge? Get to work whoever is responsible! whistle

*And that's the story that tells why soulreaper was allowed to participate but didn't get a badge for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
soulreaper wrote:
I already got my 2013 SS-badge where is the so much cooler 2013 SG-badge? Get to work whoever is responsible! whistle

*And that's the story that tells why soulreaper was allowed to participate but didn't get a badge for it.
The person who volunteered to do it hasn't delivered.

And unlike the big show, these smaller exchanges don't get the automation.

I will be having them manually awarded after the close of registration.

If someone has a design idea, please submit it and let's get this show on the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
Microbadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Special Education TeacherMicrobadge: Cystic Fibrosis AwarenessMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Here I Stand fan
Well, I decided to give the Wargame Secret Santa the shot this year. The other exchange is so big that it has lost the personal feel. This one seems to be right up my alley. I really like getting into the exchange experience. Here is to a great SS this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Microbadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fan
Ok - I'm in!!! This will be my first Santa Grogs, and I'm also new to wargames so this will be extra exciting for me!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We're now at 100 registered participants!

And there's a MB design coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: International Space Station - humankind's first step towards exploring the starsMicrobadge: Mars - the red planet and next stop for humankindMicrobadge: The multiverse!  Fan of theoretical physics I don't understand
Re: 2013 Wargame Secret Santa Grogs - EXCHANGE IS OPEN - 100 participants so far!
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition) fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 2017 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Re: 2013 Wargame Secret Santa Grogs - EXCHANGE IS OPEN - 100 participants so far!
leroy43 wrote:
Mallet wrote:
resQscooter wrote:

yuk
If I get you, you're getting a copy!
Actually, I own and have played Munchkin, Star Munchkin, Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe, Munchkin Bites! and Munchkin Fu, so I have already reached my level of saturation, thank you very much ... arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Giving Munchkin to someone could actually start a new war game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |