Andrew Sievert

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A variation for the Lord of the Rings Deck Building Games: I've played through with my game group many times and revised the rules until it plays very well. This is the only way we play it now.

Play through Fellowship of the Rings normally. When the game is over you count up victory points as normal.

Each player automatically keeps all cards with 0 victory points and removes all corruption after scoring. Each player then uses power equal to half their victory points to buy cards from their deck to take with them into the Two Towers game. You can choose not to take your full amount of points. For each player who used less points than you, add one corruption from the new set to your deck.

When starting the Two Towers game each player keeps the character they used in the first game if possible. Gandalf becomes Theoden and Boromir becomes Merry & Pippin. You then get your characters starter card, courage, and despair from the new set, to add into the card you are bringing from the first.

The Two Towers game then starts with the next person that would have taken a turn in the last game. The rest of the game play is normal.

When scoring after the second game is over only count points from the Two Towers set and then add the two scores together to find the winner.

We also always play with the Breached Wall card as affecting all players, even when not playing impossible mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Esberard
United States
Fort Lauderdale
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Click and Admire!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW.. thats seems very cool...
Need to try that with my group, we were trying other day to imagine something like that.. Nice approach man!

Ket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
So is there an expansion for each of the movies for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Prophet21 wrote:
So is there an expansion for each of the movies for the game?
I think the intention was to make 6 games - one for each film (including the Hobbit films, of course). The Two Towers is out, and they have announced some information about the Return of the King, like Eowyn being in it (and better than she is in TT).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody else tried this variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
We just play one after the other with no variants, and total up all of the points at the end (This is the LotR trilogy, of course, not the Hobbit as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls