Subject: Playing the games in line. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sievert

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A variation for the Lord of the Rings Deck Building Games: I've played through with my game group many times and revised the rules until it plays very well. This is the only way we play it now.

Play through Fellowship of the Rings normally. When the game is over you count up victory points as normal.

Each player automatically keeps all cards with 0 victory points and removes all corruption after scoring. Each player then uses power equal to half their victory points to buy cards from their deck to take with them into the Two Towers game. You can choose not to take your full amount of points. For each player who used less points than you, add one corruption from the new set to your deck.

When starting the Two Towers game each player keeps the character they used in the first game if possible. Gandalf becomes Theoden and Boromir becomes Merry & Pippin. You then get your characters starter card, courage, and despair from the new set, to add into the card you are bringing from the first.

The Two Towers game then starts with the next person that would have taken a turn in the last game. The rest of the game play is normal.

When scoring after the second game is over only count points from the Two Towers set and then add the two scores together to find the winner.

We also always play with the Breached Wall card as affecting all players, even when not playing impossible mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory V
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
This sounds awesome, and I definitely want to give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This needs to be moved to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sievert

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see an option for doing that. Can you let me know how to and I would be glad to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic, but unfortunately it looks like Fellowship is out of print right now, so I had to just buy Two Towers only.

I also don't have RotK or The Hobbit, either, but looks like so far you don't have those factored in. I imagine you could just continue on in a similar legacy fashion if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls