Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: T.J. Thoroughbred Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Smith
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I was playing the "We've Got to Go Back!" ( http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/pdf/pdf_LNOE_WebS... ) web official scenario with my wife the other day, with the Growing Hunger expansion. I found both bio canisters with Amanda, but she was surrounded by zombies and rolled a two. It was not high enough of a roll to get away, meaning she may have to fight at least twice next turn.

My next Hero (Sam) searches the antique store and finds T.J. Thoroughbred. Since he was two spaces away from Amanda, at a window/against a wall, and I had "Catch!" in my hand, I decide to roll to throw the horse through the window. It is successful. Amanda then uses T.J. and rolls a 5. Two turns later she escapes with the bio canisters without even close to being threatened. It stemmed from throwing the horse through the window.

My wife was in disbelief. She thought she had me cornered and protested saying, "YOU CAN'T THROW A HORSE THROUGH A WINDOW...THAT'S RIDICULOUS!"

While I agree, it's ridiculous, rules are rules. I say it was a legal move based on card wording. What say you? Was snatching victory from the jaws of defeat by throwing a horse through the window allowed?

Also, first post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Technically, the horse is listed as an 'item'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Aquarium ownerMicrobadge: Golden GeeklisterMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Lanarkshire Gamers, Scotland
maybe it was a Falabella (which raises a whole other set of questions...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome imagery. Gotta be allowed in the rules, just for the comedy value. This encapsulates why i sold all my euro games. Game night gold. Thanks for the chuckle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, you found a horse in an antique shop. How funny is that. Thematically, you could say the horse ran out and saved Amanda. Apparently it is a smart horse to hide in an antique shop.

Don't forget to record your plays on the LNOE page on BGG. It's on the right when you first load the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You threw TJ's favorite carrot-on-a-stick. TJ was watching from outside, around the corner.

er somethin'.

w.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not only would I have allowed you to do that, but I would have given you a fist bump for an epic move. I personally love those moments in a game where everything comes together perfectly. Reminds me of when I duct-taping a shotgun to Old Betsy and sent her to Johnny who was surrounded by zombies.

Also, you should watch the new Lone Ranger movie with your post in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spencer
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely applaud this. We actually had the exact same thing happen to us in one game. We threw the horse through the window and he ran someone to victory. We all enjoyed it so much we never thought to question the rules of it.

That said, perfectly legit if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great scene!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Myers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this instance my thought is that Sam found the horse wandering in the building and told him, "Go find Amanda!" and T.J. then leaped straight through the window to get to her, rather than Sam picking up the several hundred pound horse and actually lobbing him at her.
Same end result, which is valid according to the rules, but makes more sense thematically this way.
Although the image of Sam flinging the horse as if caber tossing it is also quite amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls