Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I am reading this, Atman can only break ice that is equal, but not below, Atman's strength. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatthing1999 wrote:
The way I am reading this, Atman can only break ice that is equal, but not below, Atman's strength. Is this correct?
That is correct. The strength of the ice needs to be exactly equal to Atman's strength in order for Atman to be able to break its subroutines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Microbadge: Geek-Craft.com fanMicrobadge: BloggerMicrobadge: 2019 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: My Game Collection
That is correct. Datasucker, Parasite, and Ice Carver all affect the strength of ICE encountered, but Atman can only break strength equal to the power counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
That's right.

And if you were asking because it occurred to you that simple 0 strength ice can be a real pain in the neck for a dedicated Atman deck, you are right again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
dlaw008 wrote:
That's right.

And if you were asking because it occurred to you that simple 0 strength ice can be a real pain in the neck for a dedicated Atman deck, you are right again.
Imagine a 0 strength ice and an Ice Carver installed, making them -1. While playing Atman deck, things can't get worse when that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ice strength cannot go below 0, from what I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Ice strength cannot go below 0, from what I remember.
I'm pretty sure it can, Wyrm says:
"a piece of ice with 0 or less strength."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice strength CAN go negative, however for all other cases (such as negative card costs) negative is treated the same as zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mateui wrote:
Ice strength CAN go negative, however for all other cases (such as negative card costs) negative is treated the same as zero.
Negative is less than zero, which matters for Experiential Data and Corporate Troubleshooter and other things that can add strength to negative-strength ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls