Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(thumbsups appreciated!)

The Tom Clancy Memorial edition.

We are at: www.kanataboardgamers.ca

Ottawa Geek Market: October 19-20, 2013
Looking for volunteers to run the tri-game-a-thon & run open gaming. Geekmail me if you are interested! Still looking for 2. Will collar you on game night!

Toy & Game Expo: November 2-3, 2013
Again looking for volunteers to run the tri-game-a-thon & run open gaming. Send me a geekmail if you are interested! Two needed here as well. Let me know, please.

Ludo Outaouais 2013 Pre-registration is open. If you don't know, this is an awesome 3 day open gaming Con just across the river. Runs 22-24 November.

The Great Canadian Board Game Blitz. The Kanata Board Gamers and Ottawa Games group are pooling forces to put on this illustrious event on Sunday at Ludo. I have 3 volunteers and could use one more.

I would like to finally get a large vinyl banner we can take to cons like Ludo. So any ideas on banner design are welcome! I think we should include the new logo (above).

One last thing; given the great facilities and the clubs growing attendance, I would like to propose a $10 per session increase in our donation. Come to the meeting (or post here) to express your views pro/con.

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 10 October 2013. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Go straight through the front doors and you can't miss us!

$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2013 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $750.62. Check out the library (BGG user: KanataBoardGamers). Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next!

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to Can Games 2014 to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. You have donated $7.50 so far.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.

Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the front doors
7. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Bob is looking to get a game of Space Empires: 4X.

Another session spanning game I'm thinking.

Any takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there but have no idea what to take with me (if anything).
Any suggestions are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try and make it.

I'd like to pick up a discount card as well if you have one available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:

Bob is looking to get a game of Space Empires: 4X.

Another session spanning game I'm thinking.

Any takers?
Why sure... I may not be able to make it until 6:15ish though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad Thanksgiving day-before-or-so crowd.

Calling it a quorum, no objections were raised to the proposal of raising our bi-weekly donation/rent to the church to $30.

Likewise folks were okay that Kanata Board Gamers gets its very own banner that we can use at tournaments. Thanks to a number of members who may be able to help with the banner design. I'll be forwarding more info to you shortly.

Also I got some response to requests to volunteer to up coming events.

Just to be more clear, here is the info:

1. Ottawa Geek Market. On 19 & 20 October, 11am-7pm Saturday & 11am-5pm Sunday. It's at Carleton U. Field House. 2 or more volunteers needed to help run the Tri-Game-A-Thon and game library, explaining games. Marquis will donate to our the Kanata Board Gamer's library (volunteers can help pick games!). Check geekmarket.ca for more info.

2. Toy and Game Expo. On 2 & 3 November, 10am-6pm Saturday and 10am-5pm Sunday. This will be a massive event! Many of you know there is no GameSummit next year; it's kind of happening at the Toy and Game Expo instead. It is at The Ernst & Young Centre 4899 Uplands (near the airport). 2 or more volunteers needed to run the Tri-Game-A-Thon, other things (maybe an official Catan tourney) and the library. The club will receive a donation for this event as well. See toygameexpo.com for the deets.

3. Ludo Outaouais 2013. On 22-24 November, 7pm-2am Friday; 9am-2am Saturday and 9am-5pm Sunday. An excellent all board gamer event with hundreds of gamers located at Centre Communautaire T├ętreau 361 Boulevard de Lucerne. They usually have an awesome bazaar/used game sale as well. We are signed up to run the Great Canadian Board Game Blitz on Sunday. This is an official GCBGB event. Need 1 or more volunteers. Their link is www.ludo-outaouais.com

4. More of an announcement as no volunteers are needed, there are a couple of events being put on by Bitheads in their monthly charity event. Check out the details at http://louardongames.blogspot.ca/2013/09/october-charity-eve...

Happy turkey/lamb/whatever -day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls