Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there are other cards that would fall under this question, but I'm using the Resistance card as the example.

The Action on the card is spend 1 Secrecy to activate in your location. The Active on the card is Heroes gain +1 die in fights when attacking blights there.

If I'm reading this right, when the Prince activates the card, the power affects the location on the map, not the Prince. If that's the case, the power stays in that location when the Prince moves, correct?

Also, a second question arose while typing this: If that's the case, does the Prince have to spend another Secrecy to move the Resistance to a new location he's in?

Finally, a third question: If the power stays in a location, what's the easiest way to keep track of where the power is? The board isn't really big enough to put cards next to locations on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

here is how I play it.

1 - Yes, the power affects a location. The Prince has mobilized local militia to help the heroes in their cause.

2 - Yes, the moment, the Prince wants to stir resistance somewhere else, he must motivate the people there. (The rules cover this as the "target" change of a Power card.)

3 - I place the Power card actually on the map. Another way would be to make some counters for all those Power cards.

Here is an example of such a counter.
It's used for the princess.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured that's how the card worked, but I just wanted to be sure. Thematically, your explanation makes perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca C
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!
I was making the same post to have the same answers as you

The explanation from Uwe makes perfect sense (thank you)
but I still have a doubt maybe due to the fact english is not my language;
I had since now played "resistance" following the Prince and everytime spending one secrecy to making active "the militia" following his prince and due to the fact they are a lot of people they lose the covering of secrecy...

Still being in doubt cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prince only needs to spend secrecy when using an action to move Resistance to a new location. Once the card is in that location, you can use its "active" effect for a bonus attacking blights as many times as you like without paying any more secrecy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca C
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks really a lot for the reply, now everything is totally clear to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same card, different question:

Does that ability apply only to the Attack action, or to any fights a hero might have, e.g. defending against blights with combat at the end of a turn?

It comes down to what "fights when attacking blights there" means. I couldn't tell for sure if it was only when you choose the action to Attack, or whether you are technically also attacking blights at the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The word "attack" always refers to the attack action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy,

Thanks as always for your fast and peremptory responses. Very helpful. On a small side note, had the text omitted the phrase "in fights" I think it would've read a bit clearer. Though you have a way better sense of the rules than I do so many that may be missing something.

--David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true that the words "in fights" don't really add anything to that description. The Prince was one of the very first heroes I designed, before all of the terminology solidified, and some old powers have retained quirks of wording that have since been made redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.