Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Thomas MacLaney
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of making my own Krakatoa set, but need the rules. If anyone can provide them, or knows where they can be found, please contact me. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
United States
Greenbelt
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am also interested.
How do you plan to make the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas MacLaney
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think blank docecahedra will be too hard to find. I was just thinking of painting on the pips, and applying a clear coat. A bit of drill work would make cooler pips, but repeating 108 times might be a drag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll scan them and put them on my web site tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the rules in Adobe Photoshop (psd) and Portable Network Graphics (png) formats.

http://gesserit.net/chris/krakatoa/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas MacLaney
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Cat!

I've gotten most of your files: Basic #2, and Advanced #3 and #4 crapped out. I've been using my computer heavily today, so maybe it's having problems. I'll try again tomorrow, and let you know. But thanks again: I know a lot more than before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it may just be your connection. I downloaded them on my daughter's iMac to test and they downloaded fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas MacLaney
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much better this time!

Saving the files and printing them gives better results then simply clicking and printing.

Thanks again!

Now to figure out how to arrange the pips...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
TomNTom wrote:
Much better this time!

Saving the files and printing them gives better results then simply clicking and printing.

Thanks again!

Now to figure out how to arrange the pips...

The three yellow sides are adjacent to each other around a single vertex, the four red sides are adjacent to each other around two vertices, and the five blue sides fill the remaining faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Terry
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it has been some years since you guys all posted here. I just wanted to say thank you to you all for this thread. Now I am well on my way to making my own Krakatoa set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Gallatin
TN
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Krakatoa are also here:

http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/krakatoa/

-R-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pola wrote:
I know it has been some years since you guys all posted here. I just wanted to say thank you to you all for this thread. Now I am well on my way to making my own Krakatoa set!
I second the thanks!

Pola, can you share how you are creating your set? I bought a copy of the current printing last weekend and am now curious how the larger blank d12s we have at Print & Play Games would work. (http://www.printplaygames.com/product/d8-d10-d12-blank-dice)

I will let you know if I get a chance to experiment. These dice are bigger to enable stickering each face. Not sure that would be a good long term solution for this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardHS wrote:
The rules for Krakatoa are also here:

http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/krakatoa/

-R-

Though EGG changed a few rules, one of which I think significantly for the worse:

Rule change (for the worse) in EGG reprint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.