4 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winner's loot when taking city rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
If a player defeated an enemy city can he decide to take the stuff he would get if he had defeated a unit instead? Because this could be more beneficial in some situations, i.e. taking culture or trade to prevent him from winning this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stebobibo wrote:
If a player defeated an enemy city can he decide to take the stuff he would get if he had defeated a unit instead? Because this could be more beneficial in some situations, i.e. taking culture or trade to prevent him from winning this turn.
According to the expansions you certainly can. I don't remember if this was the rule in the base game as well. In the expansions you can take two loot 1, instead of a loot 2. The loot 1 corresponds to the defeating a unit and loot 2 to defeating a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. It was in the expansion and is now in the official FAQ 2.0 for the base game.
You get 2 loot and can take the 2 loot option or two times the 1 loot option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
It's not allowed in base game. That's why they changed it in the Expansion and also in the Faq -> You can decide to play with it in the base game according to the faq.
See the first page of the Faq : http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/civilization/n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls