Popular Tags: [View All]
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Agatha Raisin TV series, adapted from stories by MC BeatonMicrobadge: Fan of Volition GamesMicrobadge: PescatarianMicrobadge: Starsiege and Starsiege: Tribes FanMicrobadge: Fan of Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries
LOVE the 'sacrifice' elite talent. Nicely thematic, too!

I think you actually have a bit more wiggle room with the stats, given both the 'Excelsior' and 'Nebula' classes are both 26 points for the named ship.

Ambassador should slot in alongside those, nicely. Given stats we have...

Nebula-class (named):
Atck: 4
Agil: 1
Hull: 4
Shld: 4

Excelsior-class (named):
Atck: 3
Hull: 5
Shld: 4

...I'd suggest, for the named ship:
Atck: 4
Hull: 5
Shld: 3

(Excelsior's hull, sacrificing some shield for firepower. Nebula, then, rebalancing that for more shield, which is usually "better" amongst equals.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Level 01 BGG poster
DonMegel wrote:
Since the Ambassador class is, best case, months and months away, I’ve decided she must be added by the community. The model will be a micro machines recycle but I need help with the ship stats and crew.

Here is what we have so far:

USS Enterprise NCC 1701-C

External image

180 degree firing arc and standard rear arc

External image

External image

External image

External image
Thanks Stephan

External image

External image

Input is very much appreciated
Updated cards.

I had to match the Enterprise D stats. It didn't make any sense for it to have less shields or hull than the Excelsior. Couldn't make it more Agile so I guess the stats have to match. Maybe I should change it to 4 crew 1 weapon? or 2 weapons and 3 crew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Level 01 BGG poster
Added two more. Almost done with the Enterprise C unless some one has serious concerns with the balance.

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd change Luck to also force you to re-roll if you roll all hits. >:-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm going to have these professionally printed so if there are concerns about balance please share them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Not sure why Phaser Array has range 2-3.

If anything, I'd think it would have range 1-2 like Ent-D's special ability. Dorsal Weapons array is similar and has range 1-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
Microbadge: Sabaton fanMicrobadge: University of TexasMicrobadge: GrognardMicrobadge: 1911 fanMicrobadge: American Civil War buff
DonMegel wrote:
I'm going to have these professionally printed so if there are concerns about balance please share them.
Should the Sacrifice ability have its attack limited to separate targets?

Love what you have done here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is why I like feedback, thank you. The Phaser array was supposed to be 1-2, I'll fix it

Sacrifice: I'm not sure, I wanted the payoff for discarding your Captain to be really big but not OP. Would you use it, personally, if it were two different targets? I think I would.

What do you think of how I handled the Temporal Rift?

Should I include "Luck" with this pack or move it to the Stargazer?

EDIT: Here we go. I also removed the "disable" requirement to make up for the loss of range 3.

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Tweaking continues. I made Tasha a disable, made Castillo a normal crewman that could become a Captain, took away the tech slot on the Enterprise C and replaced it with a weapon, added Crewman Fredericks who took the helm in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and created a Generic Ambassador class card.

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Added Base and movement dial

External image

External image

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: My character uses two Shields?Microbadge: I'm a fan of Wages of WarMicrobadge: HeroQuest fanMicrobadge: The Mystery of the Templars fan - Templar shield with crossMicrobadge: Heraldry fan
Just checked out this thread. I really like some of these cards!

Adding it to Pimp Your AW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |