fin coe
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I haven't any experience in running a contest, but I'm not letting that stop me. I was looking at some American Football scores and wishing there could be some alternate scoring, and realized that the idea of "fixing" real-world sports with boardgame mechanics might make for a fun challenge.

I also would like to run this contest to promote a fusion of sports and boardgames; I come into contact with a lot of hardline geeks who constantly attack sports fans, and seem to be unaware that there are a great many people (I suspect. I hope?) who are geek out about both fields, and who like both hockey and Dominion.

TLDR - I think sports and boardgames are equally nerdy, let's celebrate that theory by makin' some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty of overlap, so I'm sure you'd get a response. Personally, the only sports I can really get into are dance competitions and figure skating, but I'm certain that I'm in the minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
kurthl33t wrote:
There's plenty of overlap, so I'm sure you'd get a response. Personally, the only sports I can really get into are dance competitions and figure skating, but I'm certain that I'm in the minority.

Nobody said that it had to be a football-themed game. Go ahead and make a figure skating one! I'd play it.

And yes, I'd be all in for a sports-themed contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty much completely uninterested in most sports, but I'd still be quite happy to play/have a go at designing one based on a sport.

I have no interest in building churches, but I still thoroughly enjoy Hamburgum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to be cheeky there is, of course, the alternate definition of 'sport'

to wit ...

a person who behaves in a good or specified way in response to teasing, defeat, or a similarly trying situation.

co-op party game idea here i come
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea id be keen to try make a MMA Game, Don't know what id do? Maybe a card game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You know, this would be an interesting chance to create a game based on my brothers imagined sport.

"Extreme T-Ball"

Admittedly, it's not all that extreme, but it could be a fun game to design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.