Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniel Jauregui
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why tech levels in Force Pool are with fractions in inf and arm?

Why the back side of tech counters is written advanced?

Assuming an HQ 3-3 is in range to combat hex. May I use it attacking in combat phase, then in follow up phase, and the two times more defending in the same turn?

How are assigned the decoys counters in nations that have more than four? (Fighter, bomber and two ships)

Suggestion for rules:

Should not be Italy, Spain and Portugal in the list of countries affected for Soviet beligerance? I think is good for balancing the soviet expansionism and very historical thinking in the rulers of these countries at that time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dani_jauregui wrote:
Why tech levels in Force Pool are with fractions in inf and arm?

To sow confusion and cause discontent devil

But to be serious, it was added late in testing to slow down the max advance of these tech's, effectively limiting the bonus to every other tech level. Good idea...not so good implementation. This will be addressed in the new Tech Tracks.

dani_jauregui wrote:
Why the back side of tech counters is written advanced?

An optional rule that didn't make the cut, but might be flushed out more in the future.

dani_jauregui wrote:
Assuming an HQ 3-3 is in range to combat hex. May I use it attacking in combat phase, then in follow up phase, and the two times more defending in the same turn?

Assuming the HQ isn't forced to incur losses, yes. HQ's are powerful that way.

dani_jauregui wrote:
How are assigned the decoys counters in nations that have more than four? (Fighter, bomber and two ships)

They are not. Countersheets were misprinted and this is being addressed. All nations should have 2 fighter decoys (only), 1 bomber decoy (only) and 2 surface fleet decoys (only). The 2nd fighter decoy is associated with an optional rule that allows the player to chose whether they want a F or B decoy for the second decoy. This rule was cut, but we might add it back in (it has little game impact, however, as the back of the counters all should just say "support").

dani_jauregui wrote:
Suggestion for rules:

Should not be Italy, Spain and Portugal in the list of countries affected for Soviet beligerance? I think is good for balancing the soviet expansionism and very historical thinking in the rulers of these countries at that time...

While I'm sure they were not pro-Soviet, I think they were far enough away from the Soviets that the game impact may not reach the same level. There would also be some play balance issues, epecially with Spain and Italy as it may make it too easy for the Axis player to align these countries if the Soviets do even their historical land grabs. Its a decent idea, but may be something players can agree on in their own game versus something we add at this point...

-K
acting developer The Supreme Commander
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

One nice thing about the Diplomacy system in the game is that it allows players to easily shift the diplomatic balance around to explore lots of "what if?" scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Grossman
United States
Kerrville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may not be the best spot to ask this, but do we have a list of sorts of exactly what components will be reprinted yet, or is that still a work in progress?

Assuming the Diplo chart is reprinted and suggestions still welcomed, it might be helpful to have a list of the actions that can cause a minor country to shift one way or another if room could be spared on it (maybe instead of the pics on it)?

On more of the "small things" theme,

TRT could use a weather legend just for completeness, though it's rather obvious what weather is what. Same for CRT #/# results. 17.15.1 says Lend Lease begins March-April 1941, Turn 14, TRT shows as Turn 15.

2.4.6 Unit and Marker ID could include an Infantry corps, mech corps, and submarine example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stangrossman wrote:
This may not be the best spot to ask this, but do we have a list of sorts of exactly what components will be reprinted yet, or is that still a work in progress?

Only thing finalized at this point is the counters...but I'll be honest...get your suggestions in quick, 'cause GMT has the clock ticking on getting this fixed...

stangrossman wrote:
Assuming the Diplo chart is reprinted and suggestions still welcomed, it might be helpful to have a list of the actions that can cause a minor country to shift one way or another if room could be spared on it (maybe instead of the pics on it)?

All charts will be reprinted, but I don't know how GMT is planning on handling them (but I'll ask). I know we will be including a note that the green boxes are the initial starting positions, as well as fixing the obvious A3/A2/A1 issue. Some of the flags are incorrect, so we'll fix those, too. If we have time and space, we will consider other features...but I don't know if they'll make it before the deadline time hits.

stangrossman wrote:
On more of the "small things" theme,

TRT could use a weather legend just for completeness, though it's rather obvious what weather is what. Same for CRT #/# results. 17.15.1 says Lend Lease begins March-April 1941, Turn 14, TRT shows as Turn 15.

Already added the weather legend to the rulebook, but yes...adding to TRT would be nice, too. CRT and TEC need legends, as well. Thanks for pointing out the Lend lease issue! That is a new one to add soblue.

stangrossman wrote:
2.4.6 Unit and Marker ID could include an Infantry corps, mech corps, and submarine example.

Yes on Inf corps...no to Mech corps (none in game), but the sub example is another that was not caught yet... And just looking now, really "Air Decoy" should be broken down into "Fighter Decoy" and "Bomber Decoy", as that is what we have in the countermix.

-K

edit: 1,2 (typo and corrected quotations)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Grossman
United States
Kerrville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info and updates Kevin, things are sounding good. Just saw the new counters, very nice. On the mech corps, yep, probably best not to include an example of a counter not in the game...heheh....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pierce
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,
As you are editing things, I would suggest adding the word "Phase" to 5. Axis Follow-Up Combat on the 5.1 Sequence of Play (pg 7 of the rules). We were not giving HQ's the ability to lend their support in the two combat phases because we didn't realize that follow-up was it's own phase (even though it is clearly stated so later in the rules).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Stuart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navoril wrote:
Kevin,
As you are editing things, I would suggest adding the word "Phase" to 5. Axis Follow-Up Combat on the 5.1 Sequence of Play (pg 7 of the rules). We were not giving HQ's the ability to lend their support in the two combat phases because we didn't realize that follow-up was it's own phase (even though it is clearly stated so later in the rules).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Stuart

And a good suggestion, thanks. I know the whole SoP needs to be reworked since there are some ghost of rules past in there (flipping forts under construction, under Strat. naval phase requiring that the Initiative side place last, etc...).

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Grossman
United States
Kerrville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another "small thing" suggestion. The Murmansk Convoy Table legend of
"# of Subs/Fleets in North Sea" isn't all that clear that you subtract any Allied Fleets there from the Subs there (though the rules are clear on this). Also, 17.13.5, third bullet under Procedure references a "0" column on this Table, which should be the "1" column instead? Again, yes, very small stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, or - instead - we can just put "

[edit: ok...I have no idea what got cut off....sorry - 11 OCT 2013, KMB]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbernatz wrote:

dani_jauregui wrote:
Suggestion for rules:

While I'm sure they were not pro-Soviet, I think they were far enough away from the Soviets that the game impact may not reach the same level. There would also be some play balance issues, epecially with Spain and Italy as it may make it too easy for the Axis player to align these countries if the Soviets do even their historical land grabs. Its a decent idea, but may be something players can agree on in their own game versus something we add at this point...

As you say, none of these countries were pro-Soviet, but also far enough away to not really care what the Soviets did. Spain in particular was not interested in getting into the war; they were in a shambles after their civil war, and Franco only offered to join the war on Germany's side in exchange for Germany paying to rebuild the Spanish army, paying for any losses to the Spanish forces in the course of the war, and subsidizing rebuilding efforts - Hitler was not amused (I doubt Franco believed Hitler would go for it).

Italy shouldn't really be a problem to get into the war, El Duce was eager to ride German coat tails to a perceived victory (he thought himself a modern Caesar). Portugal was probably happy to stay out of it as long as Spain did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.