Subject: A few questions to prepare for Nights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Going to Arkham Nights this year, and I just want to be fully prepared with interaction understanding.

1) Written in blood, and something like Ya-te-veo. Under the timing structure, are you able to uncommit him before he gets to shotgun? Looking at it makes me feel that if you control the written in blood and you have initiative, you can.

Attach to a non-Ancient One character.
After Written in Blood enters your discard pile, shuffle it into your deck.
Action: Pay 1 to uncommit attached characterif you control any Syndicate characters at the same story.

Action: Pay 1 to choose a character with skill 2 or lower committed to the same story as Ya-te-veo. Wound that character.

2)The Night Job

If you win this conspiracy, restore and ready any number of characters. Then, choose and exhaust 1 character for each character readied in this way. Those characters do not ready during the next refresh phase.

Can you exhaust an exhausted character? If I commit to win it, and they counter commit, does it make it so I can't shut down the characters they use?

3) The Mage's Machinations

When The Mage's Machinations enters play, each player must choose 1 character controlled by the player to his left, if able. Remove those characters from the game. If you win this conspiracy return those characters removed from the game to play under your control.

Since it says 'if able' can I play this when I have no creatures to just take one of my opponents?

Thank you all for your time, and hope to see some people there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:

1) Written in blood, and something like Ya-te-veo. Under the timing structure, are you able to uncommit him before he gets to shotgun? Looking at it makes me feel that if you control the written in blood and you have initiative, you can.

Attach to a non-Ancient One character.
After Written in Blood enters your discard pile, shuffle it into your deck.
Action: Pay 1 to uncommit attached characterif you control any Syndicate characters at the same story.

Action: Pay 1 to choose a character with skill 2 or lower committed to the same story as Ya-te-veo. Wound that character.

Yes, if you are the active player (i.e. attacking in your example) then you get the first action, so you can remove your attacking character before your opponent can trigger a defending Ya-Te-Veo.

Doma0997 wrote:

2)The Night Job

If you win this conspiracy, restore and ready any number of characters. Then, choose and exhaust 1 character for each character readied in this way. Those characters do not ready during the next refresh phase.

Can you exhaust an exhausted character? If I commit to win it, and they counter commit, does it make it so I can't shut down the characters they use?

There is no requirement for the target, so you can choose any character and the effect "tries" to exhaust it. And because you targetted the character, whether or not you exhausted it, it still doesn't ready.

Doma0997 wrote:

When The Mage's Machinations enters play, each player must choose 1 character controlled by the player to his left, if able. Remove those characters from the game. If you win this conspiracy return those characters removed from the game to play under your control.

Since it says 'if able' can I play this when I have no creatures to just take one of my opponents?

Yes, you would try to fully resolve the effect as much as possible. Since the effect says "each player," then each of you would try to do the effect independently of each other.

I think I'm right about all these, but it'd be good to have confirmation from another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:

2)The Night Job

You cannot exhaust an already exhausted character, but you can choose it to exhaust, because the character was chosen and is exhausted the second part of the effect will prevent it from standing.

danach81 wrote:
Doma0997 wrote:

Yes, you would try to fully resolve the effect as much as possible. Since the effect says "each player," then each of you would try to do the effect independently of each other.

I'd say no, "those characters" specifies multiple. If it said each character it would work this way because it would work on each character separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.