Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question came up today... this time with regard to the Map itself. There are several locations that are caddy-corner to each other, and it's clear in the rules that you cannot move across such a corner. In case there's any ambiguity, the rulebook lists the impassible corners.

We noticed 2 ambiguous bridge locations, each one when compared to one of the known corners looked obviously like a non-corner (i.e. passable) situation, but when compared to other non-corners looked obviously like a corner. They were not listed in the rules as "corners" and as such, we did not play them as corners, but the obvious question is, if they were not intended to be corners, why wouldn't the bridge have been drawn in a way as to make that obvious?

In looking this up, and reading the list of "corner" conditions, another question came up. The rulebook lists the following as impassible corners:

"Coney Island and the sea space under Sheepshead Bay
and
Sheepshead Bay and the sea space under Coney Island"

I can only assume that at some point, Cony Island was drawn differently, because on the map that came with my game, Sheepshead bay is absolutely nowhere near the sea space below Coney Island, and the sea space below Sheepshead Bay very clearly borders Coney Island.

Anyone have any thoughts on the bridges in question? They occur between Morris Heights and Washington Heights - does Morris Heights border the water space next to Bedford Park or not? and Brooklyn Heights, does it border the water space next to Greenpoint or not?

On another note, the first player to kill a Boss in tonights 4 player game could easily have won via incontestible Dominance without the other two being able to do a thing about it, if we didn't limit the IA purchases to 1/turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check my map, so see if I can help figure this out... I found Rebel Forge to be a less than comprehensive in their customer support via their forums, while Eagle Games rocks.

I think it is funny, that in a game about mafia families, instead of saying "kitty-corner" you said "caddy-corner"... like saying "Coup de Ville with white carraige top and big white sidewalls-corner"...

Or "shiny-silk suit corner"....

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.