Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gowron's Text Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nineteen 73
msg tools
After Gowron moves and then activates his ability to grant friendly ships within range 1-2, +1 attack. Would this ability stay in effect even if Gowron's ship was destroyed that same subsequent round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vannueten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the effect is and its result is performed at the moment of the action. He doesn't have to be in range or on the board afterwards when your friendly ships are actually attacking.

I think it's also mentioned somewhere in the preliminary FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nineteen 73
msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. I'll see if I can track down the FAQ and link it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nineteen 73
msg tools
Here's the whole quote in it's original entirety:
Andrew Parks wrote:
fuwalawala wrote:
1. If I use Gowron’s action (Action: all other friendly klingon ship within range 1-2 gain +1 attack dice this round). when is effect determined? Does it happen immediately, in the activation phase, or is this calculated during the combat phase? This matters because a lower Capt. value ship can move out of range.
Also is this a continues effect? If Gowron is removed from the board during the round does this effect go away?
2. If I use Gowron’s action (Action: all other friendly klingon ship within range 1-2 gain +1 attack dice this round), say I then use Martok’s (the chosen ship may immediately perform one free action.) Can I activate Gowron’s text a second time? Does this effect stack giving all other friendly klingon ship within range 1-2 gain +2 attack dice this round?
3. Artificial Quantum Singularity, (While your ship is cloaked you may roll your full defense dice in spite of an opposing ships scan token.) If another effect (-1 additional defense dice) was additionally modifying my defense dice from a ship that had a scan token would I roll all my defense dice negating both effects, or would I just the negate the -1 from the scan and still be at -1 from the other effect.

1. Gowron's effect grants its bonus to all ships within range when the Action is activated. Ships that later move into (or out of) range are not affected. The effect persists for the rest of the round even if Gowron is disabled or discarded.

2. You cannot perform the same Action twice in the same round, even as a free Action.

3. Artificial Quantum Singularity only protects you from the effects of the Scan Token itself.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.