Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
The new seems to be wearing off LOTR around Game Central Station - the major complaint is that "It isn't a game!" Granted, you roll dice and play cards, but it's all "us against the system" and that hasn't gone over real well with our gamer-y crowd.

Jarrod and I seem to be the lone supporters of this simple yet brilliantly designed system for simulating the quest of the hobbits... my wife likes it as well, primarily because it's a cooperative play game. (Shari's enjoyment of the game does show that the game isn't dependent on a knowledge of the original Tolkien work - cuz Shari hasn't and won't ever end up reading The Hobbit, let alone the Trilogy.)

I'm not sure about the details of their adventure, except that they won and watching them win reminded me that this game is actually more exciting when you lose... really. The ending has less tension (particularly if your party's in pretty good shape) than you'd think it would. Oh, well.

Results: Bob, Dallas, Shintaro, Jarrod & Jeff cruised to a 79 point victory.

Ratings: Jarrod - 7, Bob & Shintaro - 5, Jeff - 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.