Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've hit a wall with this character. I want Molly to be mostly support, really focusing on her illusions. I kept worrying she would turn into visionary. I don't know what else to do with her, so I'm just going to throw out my ideas for critique. (please be gentle.)

Molly Carpenter - Apprentice Supreme - 24 hp
One Woman Rave - Power: All hero targets reduce damage by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Incapacitated - 1. 2. 3.
**notes: Sort of an inverse Legacy. I figured her chaotic light show would make it harder to hit allies.**

Shotgun - equipment - limited x2 (x3?)
power: deal 1 target 3 projectile damage
flavor text: "You taught her how to use a shotgun but not how to open a Way?!" - Morgan

Decoy Illusions - 7hp - x4 (x3?)
Place this card in front of a hero character card. Whenever that hero is dealt damage, Decoy Illusions takes the damage instead.
If Dual Wands is in play, Decoy Illusions start with 10 hp.

Intense Training - ongoing - Limited - x3 (x2?)
Molly may play an additional card each turn.
Molly may use an additional power each turn.
Start of turn - Molly deals herself 2 psychic damage or this card is destroyed.
**notes: Almost added an additional draw, but figured that was too much. Considering Molly's base power, irreducible may have to be added to the self damage.
Artwork should include Leah (Leandesindhe? *sigh* I have no memory for names let alone spelling...). Harry's slow moving sun ball (tm) might also work.**

dual wands - equipment - limited - x3 (x2?)
Molly's base power reduces damage by an additional 1.
Decoy Illusions have 10 hp instead of 7.
Invisible Girl reduces damage by an additional 1 and can destroy a 4hp target or less.
**notes: About as subtle as a sledgehammer. Molly needs her wands and I want them to enhance her spells, but I don't know an elegant way to phrase it.**

Circle Trap - ongoing - x2 (x3?)
Place this card on a villain target other than the villain character card. This target's text box is now considered blank. It can no longer attack or provide effects. The first time this target takes damage, destroy this card.

Hexus - one shot - x3
destroy a villain equipment or ongoing card.
**notes: If Harry had a hexus card, I want it to do the exact same thing**

Fog Illusion - ongoing - limited - x2 (x3?)
Heroes and Villains cannot attack each other.
Power: destroy this card.
Flavor text: "I don't know boss. That's not really my thing. I'd have to move a lot of heat and ..." - Molly
"It doesn't have to be real fog!" - Harry
"Oh. OH! That's totally my thing!" - Molly
**notes: I was going to include self damage, but that sounded funny (I can't attack the villains, but I can attack myself!). Maybe a set number of turns? Or place a number of cards from hand under the card when it's played and discard those cards at the start of turn? *shrug* **

Potion Practice - ongoing - limited - x2
Power: Draw 4 (3?) cards and put them into hand. Discard 1 card. Place 1 card on the bottom of your draw deck.
flavor text: "Harry? Where do you keep the fire extinguisher? Oh, never mind. I'll find it. Acid doesn't eat through concrete right?" - Molly
"What are you doing down there?!" - Harry

Wheelwoman - ongoing - x2 (x3?)
Place this card in front of a hero character card other than Molly.
When that Hero's HP goes to 0 or less, destroy this card and restore that hero to 10 hp.
flavor text - "She has a lot of experience being a wheelman. Er, Wheelwoman. Whatever." - Harry
**notes: blatantly stolen from Fanatic's armor. I figure Molly's there as wheelwoman to be a last ditch effort to pull people out when things go FUBAR. Also, I just really wanted to include the flavor text. **

Invisible Girl - ongoing - limited - x3
Reduce damage to Molly by 1 (2 if dual wands is in play).
Power: Destroy a target of 2hp (4hp if dual wands is in play) or less.
"How did you know I was there?"-Molly "The floor boards creaks when no one was there." "An air draft with the door and windows closed." "The smell of your perfume." "You tongue stud clicked once." "But we didn't see her at all did we Murph?" "Nope, not even a little." - Harry and Murphy.
**notes: thematically, this is Molly using her invisibility to sneak up on someone and sucker punch them. Part of me thinks it should make her immune to a damage type though. *shrug* **

Empathic Sensitivity - ongoing - limited - x3
Power: Molly deals herself 2 psychic damage. All heroes draw a card.

I have you now - ongoing - limited - x3
power: Molly deals herself X, up to 5, psychic damage. Deal 1 target 2X psychic damage.
**notes: Needs a better title. I was going after the mental battle that takes place at the end of Ghost Story. **

Clever Planning - ongoing - limited - x2
All heroes may take their power phase before their play cards phase.
**notes: Is this useful? As often as people ask if they can use a power and then play a card... Also, this feels more like a Murphy card.**

-- Ideas that are not quite cards yet --

3rd eye - ? Manipulate the environment or villain deck? If Harry or other wizards have 3rd eye, I want it to do the same thing.

Svalt (sp?) allies - ? Draw cards?

Padawan Gopher run - Let other players draw cards or search their deck. ?

We will rock you! - Let another hero play a card or use a power. ?
"What do I have? I HAVE FRIENDS! SING IT!"
**notes: That's right. I have flavor text before I know what the card does. *sigh* **

Again, thanks for feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, more serious feedback than the quick comment on Billy & the Alphas:

- I would swap Invisible Girl to the default power and make One Woman Rave an ongoing card with a cost. That better reflects her talents (I just finished listening to Cold Days). I would make the power for Invisible Girl read: "Molly does 1 psychic damage to a target. If the target takes damage this way, Molly may deal it 1 irreducible melee damage at the start of her next turn."

- I'd make One Woman Rave an Ongoing, Limited card that reads "Reduce damage dealt to Hero targets by 2. At the end (start?) of her turn, Molly takes 2 irreducible psychic damage or this card is destroyed."

- Illusory Fog should read, "Villain targets are immune to damage from Hero targets. Hero targets are immune to damage from villain targets. Power: Destroy this card."

- Dual Wands: Equipment, Limited. "Increase damage dealt by Molly by 1. If One-Woman Rave is in play, increase its damage reduction by 1."

Possibly more thoughts later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:
OK, more serious feedback than the quick comment on Billy & the Alphas:

- I would swap Invisible Girl to the default power and make One Woman Rave an ongoing card with a cost. That better reflects her talents (I just finished listening to Cold Days). I would make the power for Invisible Girl read: "Molly does 1 psychic damage to a target. If the target takes damage this way, Molly may deal it 1 irreducible melee damage at the start of her next turn."

I think it could be good basically as a core version of Invisible Girl:
"You may destroy one target with 2 or fewer HP.
Until the start of your next turn, damage dealt to Molly is reduced by 1."

Quote:
- I'd make One Woman Rave an Ongoing, Limited card that reads "Reduce damage dealt to Hero targets by 2. At the end (start?) of her turn, Molly takes 2 irreducible psychic damage or this card is destroyed."

- Illusory Fog should read, "Villain targets are immune to damage from Hero targets. Hero targets are immune to damage from villain targets. Power: Destroy this card."

- Dual Wands: Equipment, Limited. "Increase damage dealt by Molly by 1. If One-Woman Rave is in play, increase its damage reduction by 1."

Possibly more thoughts later.

All this is good though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radical Jackal
msg tools
I like circle trap a lot

Hexus - I don't think there is such a thing as villain equipment

I really like that she can take out weak targets with invisible girl.

I am afraid that a character who's main skill is damage reduction will lead to slow games but that is what she does. She could have some damage redirection.
Maybe some irreducible damage to the non-hero target with the lowest hp in one shot form.

I find cards like fog illusion to not be fun but maybe some people like them.

Also remember when she made someone "blind" by putting a veil over everything else? That was cool. You could make a card about that although it would do the same kind of stuff as cards you already have.

I'm trying to think of a support effect having to do with empathy readings and investigations that isn't just manipulating decks like visionary...
Reading the Clues
ongoing - at the end of your turn look at the top 2 cards of the environment deck and put them back in any order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.