Subject: Replacement minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lent my fully painted copy to a friend and the idiot has lost one of the Orc archers. Which I had carefully painted.

I see WotC have a support service for defective games, what about lost parts like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://auggiesgamesonline.3dcartstores.com/Orc-Archer_p_362....

http://auggiesgamesonline.3dcartstores.com/Orc-Archer-figure...

Always Auggies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard and seen in other threads that WotC is not very helpful whatsoever in replacing lost parts. Doesn't matter how much money you want to throw at them. Not even very helpful in replacing damaged components upon opening a sealed copy. But you never know. Good Luck. Hopefully your friend will find your original piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know. all the WOTC figures in the adventure games have also appeared as figures in the Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures games at some. They are the same molds. You should be able to track down an Orc archer from one of the online retailers or eBay. They are already painted but you could repaint it. Probably the easiest way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clammy721 wrote:
I've heard and seen in other threads that WotC is not very helpful whatsoever in replacing lost parts. Doesn't matter how much money you want to throw at them. Not even very helpful in replacing damaged components upon opening a sealed copy. But you never know. Good Luck. Hopefully your friend will find your original piece.

I'm sure some have had bad results, but I have to say my experience was quite the opposite. My copy of Ravenloft had 2 extra minis, but meant that I was 2 short on others (one being one of the heroes!).

I sent an email through their website customer service, and within 2 weeks had brand new figures on my doorstep. No muss, no fuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, I hope your friend is looking for a solution as well. I know this is a bit off topic and I hope you find a solution, but I think we need to roast your friend a bit as well.

Is he online asking for advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WotC support was great when I was missing 3 figs. They actually responded on a Saturday night surprisingly and I got my missing figs in a couple of weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies

I'm in the UK so the WotC site directed me towards some 'wizards@hasbro.co.uk' email address - I've asked the question, fingers crossed.
Good point on the D&D Minis, I've seen a couple of Orc Archers on eBay, same sculpt. Being pre-painted, I just hope they can be stripped and/or painted up OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the orc!

He'd accidentally got chucked into the bin by me, with some foam packing peanuts which my friend had used to protect the minis.

Happy days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! That is excellent. It must be my OCD but I can't stand missing parts of games.

My nephew "lost" one of the purple tanks in Risk Legacy. Kills me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found after you threw your buddy under the bus... a friend the cared enough to pack things up safely to protect your work. ... I must have missed where you apologized for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.