Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So My wife is a fiber geek and pretty involved over on Ravelry (if you're not familiar with it, it is basically BGG for the knitting, crochet and craft community). She does a number of "swaps" this time of year and always has a lot of fun with them. A "swap" is basically the same thing that the BGG community does for secret santa every year. Anyway she just got her swap partners for a few that she is doing and I was feeling all anxious to get started with the BGG Secret Santa, which hasn't even been announced yet. Then I remembered something...

A couple of years ago, I thought about a year long Secret Santa type Exchange where every participant would get something the week of their birthday. I never did it because I couldn't dedicate that much time for a whole year to run it. Well, I still don't have time to commit to running something like that, but I don't see why I couldn't be selfish and run one just for the month of my birthday! Which just happens to be November. So, is anyone with a birthday in November interested in doing a gift exchange just for the one Month? I haven't figured out the details but if there is some interest, I will try to set one up for us. It could be a nice way to get into the upcoming holiday spirit and get some practice before the BGG Secret Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a cool idea. I would participate in this let me know if you do it.

BTW, Nov 8. Hooray for November!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep me posted on this one. Nov 5th here. would love a swap to kick off the Bday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
who says it has to be big... If one more person is interested in, then I'll run it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. id be up for a gift exchange for the few of us with awesome november Bdays. Best month of the year if I dont say so myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so impatient for Secret Santa. It's too bad there wasn't one other person interested in this. maybe I'll try again next year, but post about it earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry! I didn't see this until today! I'm a November bday as well so please let me know if you decide to do it next year. Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.