Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this game looks so good to me but from what I read, the play does not lend itself to solo play. Is this a correct assumption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say no solo - I don't really even like that much 2 player. Half the fun is messing with others by blocking spots with your dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no worthwhile way to play this game solo and I would agree it starts to be better with 3 and up. 2 player is possible but not as good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phillier937 wrote:
I'd say no solo - I don't really even like that much 2 player. Half the fun is messing with others by blocking spots with your dice.

Personally, I think it's a great game 2p, possibly better than 3-5. But I agree I'm not sure how you'd make it a solo experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a variant for solo play somewhere on this forum, but I don't recall that many details on it right now or whether people thought it was good or not. Agreed that it's better against other people. I like the 3 player game best.

Edit: Found the thread:
Zorg Solitaire Variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the iOS version against AI opponents. Seems to work really well, although the lower ranked AI's tend to do stupid things like dumping all dice into the Maintenance Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I find this game very good as a solo game. Since no information is hidden (not counting Agendas), you can play all of the players and hot-seat between them. Play your best as every player ... and get in your own way. It becomes a puzzle, and I guarantee you will become a better player when you play "for real" and you won't be AP-ing like many seem to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gaudet
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Agreed with above, I've played solo attempting different strategies for each color and you definitly get to learn the game a lot quicker!

I'm impressed how balanced this game is, there are many equally potent routes to victory, its all about what combination of Area bonus's and Alien Tech cards you use and not falling behind in colony construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
markwilsonsd wrote:
this game looks so good to me but from what I read, the play does not lend itself to solo play. Is this a correct assumption?

Watch some calandale videos. Apparently every game can be played solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.