Hide
6 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghouls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan M
msg tools
Is it possible to go in decline with the Ghouls immediately the same turn they appear?
So basically doing nothing with the Ghouls in that turn and then to attack with two races (Ghouls and your new race) next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan M wrote:
Is it possible to go in decline with the Ghouls immediately the same turn they appear?
So basically doing nothing with the Ghouls in that turn and then to attack with two races (Ghouls and your new race) next turn?

You could only do this if you also have the Stout power. Otherwise you spend a whole turn picking the race and attacking (or not attacking, if you really wanted to) and then a whole turn going In Decline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian ørsøe
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
i would say that it is possible, to pick the goul race and go in decline immediately, but it would mean not putting any gouls on the board, and having a score of 0 that round, because you still need to remove your old in decline race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
naitsirk wrote:
i would say that it is possible, to pick the goul race and go in decline immediately, but it would mean not putting any gouls on the board, and having a score of 0 that round, because you still need to remove your old in decline race.

But that's not accodring to the rules.

The round you pick a new race, they can't go into decline (unless they have the stout power), even if they don't attack.

If you play that way, it's a house rule, and not supported by the actual rules (not even by the Danish (= badly translated) rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio Marcano
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scout permits you to going in decline the same turn you conquer regions.

But the question here is if you can go in decline and no make any conquest during the turn you get the new race and banner.

Reading the rules, it seems that in the turn when you select a new race, you are not able to go in decline

rules wrote:
On his next turn, the player will select a new Race and Special
Power combo from among those now available to him. He then
follows the same rules used during the first turn of the game.

rules wrote:
During the First Turn of the game, each player:
1. Picks a Race and Special Power combo
2. Conquers some Regions
3. Scores some Victory coins

Even if it were possible, it has no reason to have no points on the first turn. Or there is any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan M wrote:

As mentioned above -- ONLY when having the 'stout'

Otherwise, you can NOT decline the same time you pick up ANY race.

At the start of your turn you have these options:
(1) Play your active race
- (a) Pick up and conquer
- (b) If no active race, pick one and conquer
(2) Go into decline

You can NEVER do both (unless you have stout, which 'breaks' that rule)

Early on, ghouls are always worth picking up even though you'll probably only get 3 territories the 1st go around and 3pts when declining. BUT I would be very careful on my next new active race w/ over stretching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.