Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Porter
United Kingdom
Darlington
Durham
flag msg tools
mb
Does anybody have any strategies whe facing Klingons and they are playing Drex. That card wiped the floor with me last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bishop
msg tools
Kill him first. My friend plays 3 klingon ship builds all the time, and Drex can make his attacks really count.

I'm a Federation player and usually run a 9 skill captain and an 8 skill captain, so I don't really have any issues with drex all that much... largely because I fire first...

What factions do you play? If Romulan, I would highly suggest sensor echoing. I've always loved the idea of coming in at an angle, then sensor echoing out of the way making you still at range 1 to fire. With the Command tokens coming out at every OP2 event, it's very easy to get battle stations, scans, or target locks on top of dat sensor echo.

If dominion, I love the breech battle cruiser builds. They remind me of Tie Bombers. Just move slow and when they're at range 3 fire dem torps. A lot of dominion tech upgrades can really mess with abilities on other ships as well as do damage.

Klingons? I'd go with less points than your opponent. It insures you're going to fire first, and get that hopeful alpha strike off, crippling your oppnents fleet before he takes a chunk out of yours!

Hope this helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Porter
United Kingdom
Darlington
Durham
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the tips. I'm normally Federation but thinking about Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bishop
msg tools
What's your build like? I personally love 2 Galaxy class ships, with Picard and Khaaaan!!! (with white hair)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Long
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Kill his ship with your first volley, if that fails get him with 1 of the teleporting crew that wipes him out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try O'Brien. He's a one shot deal and only disables, but he doesn't have any of the restrictions of the other crew that mess with crew. One turn might be enough. Although for 2 points, I'd put Stex with Drex if I was worried about you taking him out.

Just remember that if you build specifically to defeat Drex, then it may leave you vulnerable against other builds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.