Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the rule on communication between teammates?

In most partnership games, no communication is allowed other than through moves made in the game. However, It seems by the posted rules, that there is no information in the game that is hidden to some but available to others (Correct me if I'm wrong), so that changes things a bit. I wonder if the intent of the author is for teammates to discuss their plans, or to make their own decisions.

Obviously I know we can play whichever way suits us, but I'd love to know the author's / publishers's / playtesters' thoughts here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious, too.

The only game I can think of that is similar in this case, that I have played partnership, is König von Siam, and when we played that, we played with no "hints" allowed. Otherwise, why even play with a partner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Linder
Sweden
Västerås
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To me it sounds awsome to play in teams and communicate with your teammate your strategy. That is at least how I intend to play it ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I received word from Ignacy - all their testing was performed with open partner communication, and that's the way they prefer the game - it just has to be done publicly (not away from the table / in secret).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.