Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Don't forget to vote for THE COLLECTIVE at your local plugged in tour! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you love deckbuilding? Does your pulse quicken when you come up with a great new card interaction? Do you have cutting your deck down to 45 cards? Do you hate bankers?

Try building a deck with 55 cards and 5 influence using any of the current identities. You know, and I know, it's going to be awful. You might be able to squeeze out some kind of shaper deck with every tutor known to man or machine, but it isn't going to be any good. This fact is the reason why we always cut down our decks.

To make a deck where you can realistically run 55 cards, you better have something good to back it up. Imagine the best deck you've ever made or played against, and then dump in 10 more cards and replace 10 influence with inferior in faction cards. It's going to suck, and you know it. The runner abilities aren't good enough to cancel out that disadvantage. I'm not positive that the collective can, but the guys at FFG think they can and I trust them.

I want to build a 55 card deck and not feel like a chump for doing it. I want to build a deck with everything I want in it (in faction) and not have to cut apart the labor of my love at the end. I want to play scorched earth and wipe the smirk off of Laramy Fisks stupid face, but I'm willing to forego that pleasure in order to play the collective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Enough with these stupid posts... vote for whomever you want and let FFG work with balance. (for the record I'm voting for Fisk at the 3 events I'm going to).

*edited: 3 events... happy now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to wait. Go on OCTGN. Try it out. Win BIG. Conclude that it is a ton of fun to walk all over those corp bastards, but that this is overpowered to the extent that everybody and his cousin would be playing it at tournaments. Like the rest of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This appeal has much less explanation and seems riddled with parody rather than actual facts, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sechen_rob wrote:
I want to build a 55 card deck

You want to build a pile, not a deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hsiale wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:

Well I guess that answers that question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
hsiale wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:

And now I want to see a piece of ICE called Sorites that gains strength based on all the ICE in front of it and has no strength on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Opie wrote:
manydills wrote:
hsiale wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:

And now I want to see a piece of ICE called Sorites that gains strength based on all the ICE in front of it and has no strength on its own.

Some kind of NEXT ice, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
manydills wrote:
hsiale wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:

Dog Pile

Mastermind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
Enough with these stupid posts... vote for whomever you want and let FFG work with balance. (for the record I'm voting for Fisk at the 4 events I'm going to).

This makes me incredibly irritated. I'm okay with the fact that I have no way of making it to an event and casting a vote, but it's stupid that other people can get four votes in. That makes it not about which identity had more people supporting it, but which one people who live close enough to multiple events were able to skew the votes towards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:
Enough with these stupid posts... vote for whomever you want and let FFG work with balance. (for the record I'm voting for Fisk at the 4 events I'm going to).

This makes me incredibly irritated. I'm okay with the fact that I have no way of making it to an event and casting a vote, but it's stupid that other people can get four votes in. That makes it not about which identity had more people supporting it, but which one people who live close enough to multiple events were able to skew the votes towards.

Honestly, it's how voting always works. The people who have the means are represented. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

If it makes you feel better, multiple-voters are likely to be split between the identities and cancel each other out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I build a deck it usually starts at around 80 cards, then I have to somehow trim down to 45. Trimming down to 55 will make my life much easier! Thank you THE COLLECTIVE! You've got my vote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm worried that this "one will run, one will be derezzed" approach is going to end up annoying a small part of the fanbase (one way or the other) to the point that they jump ship or just become insufferable. I like the idea, but this is getting crazier each day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

I am going to 2 events, and I've already decided to vote for each identity once.

I don't like either, so might as well let the masses decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I don't like the "there can be only one" method either. Wish we could get them all. Oh well.

... But if The Collective is rezzed they will assimilate Fisk and all the others that don't make it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
I'm worried that this "one will run, one will be derezzed" approach is going to end up annoying a small part of the fanbase (one way or the other) to the point that they jump ship or just become insufferable. I like the idea, but this is getting crazier each day...

Uh...Have you seen the Fisk supporters lately? They're already insufferable. The Collective's supporters aren't doing too well, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sechen_rob wrote:

I want to build a 55 card deck and not feel like a chump for doing it. I want to build a deck with everything I want in it (in faction) and not have to cut apart the labor of my love at the end. I want to play scorched earth and wipe the smirk off of Laramy Fisks stupid face, but I'm willing to forego that pleasure in order to play the collective.

And here I thought I knew you. I suppose you hate puppies too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:

I am going to 2 events, and I've already decided to vote for each identity once.

Voting once for each has the same impact as not voting at all. Just vote twice for the ID you dislike the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm not a big fan of the 'FFG will balance it for us' mindset.

That said, as a Criminal player, I will probably vote Collective. At least it's identity that will probably see play, and I have a hard time imagining players picking Fisk over Andy or Gabe in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlaw008 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the 'FFG will balance it for us' mindset.

That said, as a Criminal player, I will probably vote Collective. At least it's identity that will probably see play, and I have a hard time imagining players picking Fisk over Andy or Gabe in the near future.

People thought the exact same thing about Whizzard when he came out. They thought any Whizzard deck would be better by simply exchanging him with Noise.

I like Fisk. He plays an aggro game that's akin to Noise in some aspects, but completely different in others. The Collective is boring and overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
cardsbydizzle wrote:

Voting once for each has the same impact as not voting at all. Just vote twice for the ID you dislike the least.

But I'd much rather not vote at all than vote for an ID I "dislike the least."

Why not let those that actually care one way or the other decide the vote?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Nelson
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
Enough with these stupid posts... vote for whomever you want and let FFG work with balance. (for the record I'm voting for Fisk at the 3 events I'm going to).

*edited: 3 events... happy now

If you vote for the Collective (We Love the Collective), you should get a fourth vote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Skylar114 wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

Stuff like that really put the kibosh on the "No one can attend more than one event - these in nearby geographic areas are concurrent" argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.