United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
On at least one of the Elizabeth timelines (and I think all three), there is a phase near the beginning in which it states that "Elizabeth moves with Booker."

I get what that means to begin with, but suppose Booker is attacked and defeated. Elizabeth is then under control of the player with units controlling that territory. When the next World Event card comes out and Booker goes back on the board in a different location, does Elizabeth teleport to Booker's location, or is she still under the player's control, or does something else happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nicholson
msg tools
If booker is not with elizabeth, then when he moves, he moves to where she is -- check out steps 9 & 10 of the World Event Phase (pg 10)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this timeline the first time I played, and it wasn't clear to me if the sentence applied just to that round or also to all subsequent rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Wiegerinck
msg tools
So Elizabeth never moves on her own? The rules say:

'If Elizabeth was with Booker, she stays on the board and is considered under the control of the player who controls her location, until a game effect moves her away from that location ...' (page 14, 'Combating Booker')

But I have not seen such a game effect..

If Booker is Always at the same location as Elizabeth (whenever Booker is on the board), what's the point of Elizabeth..? Or am I missing something..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
The point of Elizabeth is that controlling her nets you a variety of advantages depending on the timeline and VP cards that get pulled out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Wiegerinck
msg tools
Ok. So when both Elizabeth and Booker are on the board, then they are always together? Or are there situations that they can be at different locations from each other? Because I guess that would seem more interesting to me, and that is also what the rulebook suggests with 'until a game effect moves her away from that location ...' (page 14, 'Combating Booker')', right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
mhaw wrote:
Ok. So when both Elizabeth and Booker are on the board, then they are always together? Or are there situations that they can be at different locations from each other? Because I guess that would seem more interesting to me, and that is also what the rulebook suggests with 'until a game effect moves her away from that location ...' (page 14, 'Combating Booker')', right?

You do not have the Enraged Songbird promo card? It specifically moves Elizabeth away from Booker. I also think it's far to powerful, but that's beside the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.