Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Date 9/10/13
Players: Allen, Andy, Anthony, Arin, Bobby, Gaz, Matt.

Game 1)
Spies: Andy, Matt, Gaz.
Resistance: Allen, Arin, Anthony, Bobby.

In the first game, it became pretty obvious that Andy was a spy early on in the game; Matt was later singled using an overheard conversation card, however the team needed to be happy that I wasn't lying about the card that I had seen. There wasn't a lot of disagreement in the first round, and the resistance won on round four, losing only in round two. - Resistance win.

Game 2)
Spies: Andy, Matt, Allen.
Resistance: Arin, Anthony, Bobby, Gaz.

This was one of the funniest games of the night. The spies had managed to convince both Bobby and Gaz that Arin and Anthony were spies; and because they were so vocal about singling the out, Anthony and Arin thought that Bobby and Gaz were spies. The actual spies sat back and watched four resistance players argue with one and other and cruised to an easy victory. - Spies win.

Game 3)
Spies: Andy, Matt, Arin.
Resistance: Allen, Anthony, Bobby, Gaz.

To Andy and Matt's disadvantage, this was their third round as the spies; and other players were probably already mindful of their actions. To add to their misery, Arin gave his identity away with poor bluffing skills; and when the final group was selected for the mission, Arin revealed his identity to the other players and shouted: you've won. A fairly easy, straightforward resistance win. - Resistance win.

Game 4)
Spies: Gaz, Bobby, Matt.
Resistance: Allen, Anthony, Andy, Arin.

This was probably the closest game of the evening; going right down to the final round, and leading to an argument over who to trust: me or Gaz. Luckily they chose me after some long discussion and debate. Matt by this point had been a spy on four consecutive turns, and nobody seemed to trust him, even though he was statistically more likely to be in the resistance. - Resistance win.

Game 5)
Spies: Allen, Anthony, Bobby.
Resistance: Arin, Andy, Gaz, Matt.

On the first turn I received an 'overheard conversation' card, looked at Matts card and told the other players that Matt was a spy. Anthony then did the same to me and told the other players that I was a spy, not Matt. This doubt lead the group to believe Anthony and ultimately cost the resistance the game. The look on people's faces when they realised that Anthony was the spy was priceless. - Spies win.

Game 6)
Spies: Anthony, Bobby.
Resistance: Allen, Arin, Gaz, Matt.

We dropped down to six players for the last two games. Anthony cost the spies the game quite early on by blatantly singling out one player, without adequate information that they were a spy. The resistance won this game in three straight missions; probably the easiest win of the night. - Resistance win.

Game 7)
Spies: Anthony, Bobby.
Resistance: Allen, Arin, Gaz, Matt.

Again, the game was given away early by Bobby and later by Anthony. This game eventually finished with three rounds going to the resistance. I think that the seven+ player game felt better to play, as there seemed to be more doubt between players; which may have been caused by the inclusion of more powerful cards. - Resistance win.

Final Scores:
Allen - 7
Anthony - 4
Arin - 4
Bobby - 3
Gaz - 3
Matt - 3
Andy - 2

Click here to see my acquired taste reviews

Click here to see my session reports
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When you played with 6 players, did you take out the plot cards that were meant for 7+ players? The more powerful plot cards aren't used when you go down to 5 or 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
We did, some of those plot cards would be far too overpowered in a smaller game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kane
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a random me being a jerk comment, but when you're telling a story to strangers and no one knows the characters in the story, and 4 of the 7 characters have names that begin with the letter 'A', it's going to be pretty hard to follow even if you're a great storyteller. Glad you had a fun night, I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Kane21 wrote:
Just a random me being a jerk comment, but when you're telling a story to strangers and no one knows the characters in the story, and 4 of the 7 characters have names that begin with the letter 'A', it's going to be pretty hard to follow even if you're a great storyteller. Glad you had a fun night, I love this game.

Haha, not quite sure what I can do about that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose when their parents were looking through the "baby names" book, they started at then beginning and didn't get very far.

Actually, I wonder if there are an abnormal number of people with names that start with the first few letters of the alphabet due to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how I got my name, I was named after a song that was at number 1 when I was born:

Paul Simon - call me Al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.