Subject: GT 9 Tactical Surprise Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninth turn of the Next War:

“Sir the counterattack went off pretty much according to plan. However, we did lose Guri to the 815 Mech Corps” states Jack.

“I know Jack. Let’s get the briefing going as we all have a lot of planning to get done” says the General.

“Yes Sir. Over the last 84 hours the weather has again been overcast causing disruptions in our air to ground campaign. We still own the skies and our AWAC’s are operating at peak efficiency. Special Forces units detected the DPRK supply depot in hex 3518. We then hit the hex with cruise missiles and B-1B’s. Again the cruise missiles missed the target and the B-1B’s, even with Wild Weasel support, were aborted prior to getting to the target. The 815 Mech Corps was hit by stealth units causing disruptions and reducing two brigades. Commonwealth F-18’s hit a brigade from the 425 Mech corps causing major disruptions. The DPRK VIII Corps was hit by F-15E’s and Commonwealth F-18’s eliminating an already reduced division and causing disruptions to another. A motorized division from the VII Corps was reduced by F-15E’s and the Mobile Supply Unit in Yang’gu was disrupted. South Korean F-15K’s hit a motorized division from the PYG Corps north of Yang’gu causing disruptions.

“We then conducted our operation to cut off the bridgehead across the Puk’an River at Yangp’yong. First, two brigades from the 82nd with the 73M/3 Army and 71M/CDC Corps hit the DPRK IX HQ about 20 miles east of Seongnam. The HQ unit was destroyed. Then east of Yangp’yong the 2 Infantry Division with the 5 Armor Brigade/VI Corps hit and destroyed a motorized division from the VIII Corps. At the same time two brigades from the 101st with the 61M/3Army and 67M/1Army attacked and destroyed the 10 Motorized Division/VII Corps also located east of Yangp’yong. All three of these attacks were supported by close air support aircraft and helicopters. Our helicopter support was degraded by the overcast weather.

“We exploited the above attacks by attacking to the east of Seoul. The 82nd Airborne, 71M and 57HR/CDC Corps, 101 Infantry Brigade/I Corps, and 72M and 73M/3 Army hit and destroyed a reduced division from the XII Corps east of Hanam.

“The DPRK reacted to this by attacking at three places along the front. First, the 6 and 8 Infantry Divisions/II Corps, 5 Mech Brigades/815 Corps, and 1 Mech Brigade/820 Corps assaulted Guri which was defended by the 1/82, 101 Infantry Brigade, and 57HR/CDC Corps. The city was taken and the 1/82 Brigade was destroyed fighting a rear guard action to allow the South Korean units to retreat out of the city. About 14 miles to the east of Hanam 4/82 and 73M/3Army were hit by 5 Mech Brigades/108 Corps and a Mech Division/III Corps. The Attacking forces were stopped cold and no significant losses to our forces. Finally, two Mech Brigades/425 Corps and the 5 and12 Infantry Divisions/V Corps attacked two brigades of the 2 Infantry Division north of Yangp’yong. Both sides took losses.

“We sent in another strike package against the supply depot. The cruise missiles and B-52’s found their mark causing disruptions to the depot. Also, US Navy F-18’s hit the 815 Mech Corps HQ causing minor damage.

“The DPRK tried to supply some cut off units but were unsuccessful. The two divisions in Seongnam are out of supply along with numerous units across the Puk’an River near Yangp’yong.

“We took advantage of the out of supply units in Seongnam and hit them with 1 and 30 Infantry divisions/I Corps, 101 Infantry Brigade/I Corps, 57HR and 60M/CDC Corps, 72M/3Army, and 2/82 Brigade. The two DPRK divisions simply disintegrated. To the west of Yangp’yong the out of supply DPRK V HQ and two Mech Brigades from the 425 Corps were attacked by 3 and 4/82, 1 and 2/2ID, 4/25 Brigade, and two divisions from the 3 Army. The rough terrain stymied this attack and we only caused minor damage to one of the enemy mech brigades. Just to the south of that attack the DPRK 5 and 12 Divisions/V Corps, who are also out of supply, were hit and destroyed by two divisions from 3 Army, 3/2 Brigade, and the 5 Armor Brigade/VI Corps.

“In the last 84 hours we have destroyed seven enemy divisions, one Headquarters unit, and recaptured Soengnam. We did lose Guri and the 1st Brigade/82 Airborne was destroyed.

“Currently we have the rest of the 25th Infantry Division, along with a Japanese Infantry Division and two Commonwealth Airborne battalions in Japan. We have moved the 101st Airborne out of the line to the airbases south of Seoul. We were unable to get the 82 Airborne out of the line but should be able to do so in the next day or so. Plus, the 13 and 15 MEU’s have moved into the Yellow Sea as ordered. Most of the pieces are in place for our general counterattack Sir” finished Jack.

“Outstanding Jack, now if only we can get some good weather” states the General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember from the beginning. Is Japan hawkish and PRC dovish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
China is moderate I believe. I am playing they are staying out due to Busan being nuked. However, I am still using 16.2.1.3 so don't want to send units north of the DMZ.

Japan is fully committed due to the nuke being set off in Busan.

Just an FYI, game turn 10 is clear weather and the sound of helicopters and Ospreys is in the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.