BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Mafia vs Ww vs Village (game exploded in mid-air) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
this is the game thread i will repost the rules and then posting can begin... once you receive your role of course...

Mafia – v – Village –v – Werewolves

i would like to start this game on or around the end of march (standing date March 27th) if possible but it requires alot of players so will have to see

The Roles (and orientation good/bad) in this game are as follows-

3 hit men (mafia- bad)
1 Police officer (Good)
3 Werewolves (bad)
1 Seer (good)
1 Vigilante (good)
1 Governor (good)
1 Angel (good- werewolf deterrent)
1 bodyguard (good- hit men deterrent)
1 Witch (bad- helps werewolves)
1 snitch (bad- helps hit men)
2-3 regular villagers
16 total players minimum

Role explanations

Hit men- playing against the villagers and the werewolves, trying to eliminate everyone else in the game, one kill each night, and can talk within themselves as much as they want (night kill executed in order received) CC MOD on PM’s

Police officer- playing for the village, with powers much like the Seer but opposite, they can investigate players at night in the form of a stake out, but they can only see (villager/seer/bodyguard or mafia) they cannot see werewolves as it is a mystic ability but there cop instinct will tell them when there is more to the villager than meets the eye(seer). Due to being the only cop in the town and undercover, with no one to trust he is unable to talk to anyone…(WW might want to avoid killing the Officer as he is only a danger to the hitmen), Cannot PM anyone

Werewolves- just as standard WW they are against the village and the hit men, they can talk between each other as much as they like (night kill executed in order received) CC MOD on PM’s

Seer- each night gets one view, can see either (WW or villager/angel/police officer) has no ability to see mafia as they are normal humans and not mystic in any way… the seer also can find the police officer as he wont be home when the seer channels his energy to look for him, they cannot communicate as it would draw too much attention during the day from the evil ones among the village (the hit men might want to avoid killing the seer as he is only a danger to the WW) Cannot PM anyone

Vigilante- the vigilante is a villager who takes the law into his own hands, fed up with being hunted, he has turned into the hunter and anyone in the village is his prey, he wants to off the bad guys (hit men or WW’s) but there can also be collateral damage from bad information, the vigilante has the ability to kill one person a night along with the night kill he also has the ability to kill no one at all, it is at his discretion (the Vig. kill is always done first—example of importance- if the governor is found and there is no way to protect him from both the hit men and the WW then the Vig. can ensure no points for the hit men by killing him first), Cannot PM anyone

Governor- Worried over reports he gets about the village and its happenings, the governor sneaks into town under a fake name and pretends to be a villager, he has the ability to grant amnesty to a lynch but can only do so a limited number of times, if he is killed it has an adverse effect on the village (note that the governor is a hit man special target and they score a minor victory if they kill him, if werewolves kill him then the hit men receive no special win), Cannot PM anyone

Angel- the angel is a protector, his job is to look out for the seer and the villagers, he doesn’t know who the seer is, but the angel has the ability to grant protection from evil (only WW) from the night, each night… the angel can even protect himself, but has no powers against the hit men (it may or may not be in the best interest of the hit men to let the angel live as he only hinders the WW) -if protecting someone and the hit men kill that person it has an adverse affect on your abilities, cannot PM anyone

Bodyguard- Much like the angel, his job is to protect, but he only can protect against the hit men, he can even protect himself – if protecting someone and the WW kill that person it has an adverse affect on your abilities, cannot PM anyone

Witch- the anti-seer, goal is to help the WW much like a sorcerer they can view people (villager/seer/angel or WW), they can then choose to cast a spell and block a seers view or an angels protection( if block is done the witches identity will be revealed to the angel/seer), wins if the WW win, cannot PM anyone

Snitch- the anti-cop, goal is to help the hit men, he can stalk (view) (villager/police/bodyguard or hit man) they can also block the police investigation or bodyguard’s protection, but in doing so they reveal there role to that person, wins if the hit men win

Villagers- Normal villagers rules apply

Lynching rules!!!! Very important

Unlike the games I have played here so far the lynching rules are different in this game and I kind of like them better, Since it is an angry lynch mob and all, the lynch will happen when 2/3 of the people voting agree on one person, there will be no set time for the lynch just when ever the number of votes reaches majority then on one person then the lynch happens (as a side note, everyone but 2 not voting at the time the majority is achieved) a bit more realistic as you are all deciding on who to kill and then in a rage the village hangs that person, for that reason, you don’t have to unvote anyone, you just have to cast a new lynch vote, THERE ARE NO TIES, it will keep on till the majority is achieved…

There will be no conditionals, i will allow you to give your vote to another player to use at there discresion, they could in turn place that vote on yourself, so beware who you give your vote to

passing your vote should be in this format-
Runningquick passes to royalflush

To change your vote you just cast a new one, I will leave tracking everyone’s vote to the players, that way those you want to win and see the voting scheme have to pay close attention and track it themselves, makes the game more difficult

All Vote are in this format- bolded
Lynch runningquick
(In an angry mod I doubt they would be politically correct and say the “vote”)

End game split
The game is played till all villagers have been killed or all bad guys are killed, if there are both WW and hit men left it plays out like this WW- Hit men(or vice versa)= winner ….3WW-2 hit men= 1WW, WW victory, if it is a tie, then it comes to the minor victories to decide the winner, if there is 1 WW , 1hit man and the hit man achieved there minor victory then the hit men win, if there is 1 villager and 1 WW and the village(vigilante) has achieved minor victory then the village wins

Victory conditions

Major victories
Village is dead hit men dead- WW/witch win
Village is dead WW are dead- Hit men/snitch win
WW and hit men are dead- village wins

Minor victories
WW are responsible for killing both seer and angel (night kill)
Mafia kill the governor and police officer (night kill)
Vigilante kills more than 3 bad guys (night kill)
Angel protect more than 2 kills
Body guard protects more than 2 kills

post up any questions you might have and if you want to play....

1.funktard
2.Seamusk
3.rjphelan
4.Kuchick
5.JaredH
6.MunchWolf
7.bagpipedan
8.royalflush
9.butterbane
10.arkibet
11.ithicks
12.xscape
13.Grimjester
14.Spielguy
15.Genghis
16.Rostok
17.Belash
18.seppi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mafia vs Ww vs Village (Day 0) GAME ON!
I may not have a role yet, but I'm sure that I must be good !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
all roles are sent... at 12am as promised it is game on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Kleissler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runningquick wrote:
all roles are sent... at 12am as promised it is game on

one question. is it day or night right now? day one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When is night? When is day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
haha... well you guys can post all you want, its day zero but day one begins once the write up is posted, technically no one has died yet and and no blame can be placed, but the write up will be around 9 am BBG and then it really is game on, but due to how voting and lynching works its good that everyone checks in all the same, any problems i might have i would like to have sorted out or addressed before the write up and before 5pm BBG tomorrow just due to the exception on lynching

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
further more, those that have views and the like will recive them prior to the write up... its is day the night before the first death that sets things in motion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are people vulnerable on night 0? or will we all awake to discover a non-player murdered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
well... i wanted you guys to have to time to come to terms with this... and i know it will be hard, i am setting up a 1-800 number with professonals standing by to help you work through it, but sadly runningquick... will be the night kill...i know i know... you can cry its ok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When do we send in night orders on a regular day? After we lynch someone? How long do we have after we lynch someone to send in night orders? Will evil simply get a kill every night, while we must struggle to vote and lynch as often as possible? Or will we simply take the highest vote number at the end of the day and lynch that person if the 2/3 marker is never reached?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here. I'm good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in this game???

-Munch "Good thing I died in snowcrash" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Kleissler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so, there is almost as many evil as good. interesting... not sure declaring yourself as good is good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
seamusk wrote:
so, there is almost as many evil as good. interesting... not sure declaring yourself as good is good strategy.

With the possibility of three kills per night (one from each team), I'm not sure declaring yourself as anything is a good strategy.

The only thing I'm declaring is that I'm here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm here.

Looks like this could be a bloodbath. 3 teams of 10, 4, and 4. At least 3 kills per day/night and maybe 4: Lynch, Mafia hit, Werewolf kill, and if the vigilante chooses to kill.

So we need 2/3 for a lynch? Then it's this:

Players / Votes Needed To Lynch
16-18 / 12
13-15 / 10
10-12 / 8
7-9 / 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrimJester wrote:
I'm here.

Looks like this could be a bloodbath. 3 teams of 10, 4, and 4. At least 3 kills per day/night and maybe 4: Lynch, Mafia hit, Werewolf kill, and if the vigilante chooses to kill.

So we need 2/3 for a lynch? Then it's this:

16-18 / 12
13-15 / 10
10-12 / 8
7-9 / 6

This will be an interesting game for those who normally go looking for wolves/hitmen hiding in a bandwagon. Here, the only way to get a lynch of any sort is by dogpiling someone.

I think your math is slightly off too. By my count...

17-18 / 12
16 / 11
14-15 / 10
13 / 9
11-12 / 8
10 / 7
8-9 / 6
7 / 5
5-6 / 4
4 / 3
3 / 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:

Yeah, we're using different rounding rules. I'm going up to a whole number, as in "no less than 2/3" and you're rounding to nearest. Either works. Eventually the mod(s) will tell us. Hey, it might be fun to play NOT KNOWING WHAT THE LYNCH NUMBER IS. Ha ha ha, maybe that's a game for the future (or the past). laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning all. This is going to be rough trying to figure out vote history in late game, specifically bandwagoning. Time for me to put together a spreadsheet or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
It’s a good day… a great day, despite the impending doom that seems to be hanging so heavy over the town… As the town awakens to starts its day, its perfect outside, clear sky, birds are chirping… but a small crowd has formed outside of the dinner... the dinner with the best coffee in town mind you so its quite a crowd… almost everyone in town, but the problem is, they aren’t gathered inside, they are all standing outside with a confused look on their face, the dinner was closed, its never closed… something must have happened to Runningquick, the owner, he wouldn’t miss a day of work unless he had serious problems… the crowd decided that Runningquick has to be checked on…. being it’s a small town and everyone thinks its their business they all decide it would be best if they go have a look… nothing prepared them for what they found… Running’s house is on the edge of town, upon arrival they first notice the door… or rather the whole in the wall where the door used to be… it looked like it was ripped wide open, splintered wood lying everywhere as if the door had exploded in its frame… crossing the lawn they notice the tracks circling the house, big tracks… wolf prints, looked like there was three of them what ever they were, but the biggest prints they had ever seen… and the mud led up to and through the once door way…inside the house the prints moved straight to where the town found Running dead, spiraled out on the floor in a pool of his own blood, what was more, he didn’t die from what ever animal made those tracks, sure they seems to want to kill him, but it looked like he was dead on their arrival from the blood tracks leaving the house, not to mention there wasn’t blood anywhere but on the floor, that’s when someone noticed the light coming in from the wall… the east wall of his house was letting light through, but the blinds where closed… bullet holes…did running fight back? Bullet holes in the wall, and a tight cluster on his chest… Running was shot, and by Pro’s to boot… either that bullet was magic or there was three shooters who all hit within 1 inch of each other, upon further investigation outside… it looked like the shooters exchanged bullets with the creatures but the creatures didn’t even slow pace, there was a lot of blood though… what could live through that… they had a serious problem… once the spot where the shooters were hiding was found the plot thickens… bullet casings… 50 caliber bullet casing and lots of them….running only had 3 bullets in him.. There were at least 30 casings on the ground. And the animals didn’t even SLOW DOWN!!!! They also found a head set, it seemed to have recorded the killing… one of the shooters must have dropped it, they must have played it 10 times, and every time they couldn’t believe what they heard, the shooters were hit men, intent on killing everyone, and it seemed they were shooting at man wolves… or werewolves some might say… and the hit men didn’t have any silver bullets… The town decides they need to find the beasts, and the people doing the shooting… and kill them First!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mafia vs Ww vs Village (Day 1) GIP
GrimJester wrote:
Genghis wrote:

Yeah, we're using different rounding rules. I'm going up to a whole number, as in "no less than 2/3" and you're rounding to nearest. Either works. Eventually the mod(s) will tell us. Hey, it might be fun to play NOT KNOWING WHAT THE LYNCH NUMBER IS. Ha ha ha, maybe that's a game for the future (or the past). laugh

Not quite. I'm going up to the next whole number. You're going up too far.

18 * 2/3 = 12
17 * 2/3 = 11.333 (12)
16 * 2/3 = 10.667 (11)
15 * 2/3 = 10
14 * 2/3 = 9.333 (10)
13 * 2/3 = 8.667 (9)
12 * 2/3 = 8

etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
I'm here. I'm good.

Ah. I see the problem. It was supposed to be:

Quote:
I'm here. I'm good in bed, just ask my wife.

Mod's must have deleted it or something.

Everything is ok now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
GrimJester wrote:
Genghis wrote:

18 * 2/3 = 12
17 * 2/3 = 11.333 (12)
16 * 2/3 = 10.667 (11)
15 * 2/3 = 10
14 * 2/3 = 9.333 (10)
13 * 2/3 = 8.667 (9)
12 * 2/3 = 8

etc...

I have an issue with 2/3rds ... that means if there are 5 players left ... 2 wolves and 3 villagers, even though the village has the majority, the game will never end ...

It should be majority (51%) required for lynch ... so with 18 players, at least 10 will be needed ... not 12 ...

-Munch "Although even with majority it will take a long time to get agreement" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
MunchWolf wrote:
Genghis wrote:
GrimJester wrote:
Genghis wrote:

18 * 2/3 = 12
17 * 2/3 = 11.333 (12)
16 * 2/3 = 10.667 (11)
15 * 2/3 = 10
14 * 2/3 = 9.333 (10)
13 * 2/3 = 8.667 (9)
12 * 2/3 = 8

etc...

I have an issue with 2/3rds ... that means if there are 5 players left ... 2 wolves and 3 villagers, even though the village has the majority, the game will never end ...

It should be majority (51%) required for lynch ... so with 18 players, at least 10 will be needed ... not 12 ...

-Munch "Although even with majority it will take a long time to get agreement" Wolf

the Margin will change as the pack gets thinned out, its just a matter of one making sure everyone posts up a vote and two, because of the lynch condition that as soon as that majority is reached the lynch happens, it has to be that high, otherwise the BG could run away with the game by hitting that majority number when a person isnt around at all, its not an issue now, but became a problem a few days in the game, kinda insures that who ever is accused has a say since there is no time that everyone has to be online...

as for night actions, those are to be sent in any time between the lynches, althought i would suggest to wait till after the lynch as if an order is on someone who is lynched already it will result in no Kill/Veiw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:

Ha you're right. I flipped my dumb/smart coin and got dumb for today.

MunchWolf wrote:

I think Munch is right, but I figured it'd be fun to start playing anyway and discover it as we floundered along. Seems like some games are crafted especially to have the rules changed in the middle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Good day all. Must say I'm confused by all this mathematical stuff. Course, it wasn't really a big part of the curriculum at the Palermo Village School of Lycanthropy. Fortunately, it was a day school only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.