1) Is the movement part of Architect optional?
2) Are actions, in general, optional? (perhaps you want to play a card to get more money with your Tribune - probably not optimal, but legal?
3) Except for the purchased Mercator (which gets you more money), are purchased cards any better than your starting cards? More VP on cards? (I realize purchased cards can get you specialists)
- Last edited Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 pm
In general yes: movements, investments, purchases, and sales are all optional.
Only a few exceptions come to mind:
- if you produce a unit of goods and have empty space in your storehouse at the same time, you MUST take that unit.
- if you play the TRIBUNE, you MUST take all the cards from your discard pile.
- if you are able to use the PRAEFECTUS MAGNUS, you MUST do it and then give it to your right neighbor.
The VP on the purchased cards do not differ from the starting cards. But there is no Specialist, no Colonist, and no Consul on the starting hand, and no SENATOR and no TRIBUNE in the purchased cards.