Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You may ask for the Standard Resource cards of your choice from any and/or all of your opponents."

How exactly does this work?

You pick one or more resources you want? Players may or may not tell you what they have to offer? You choose what to take and who to take from? Are you allowed to ask for further resources after some exchange has taken place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Jim

Envoys works the simple way you can imagine !!
When playing this card, you're free:
- To tell your opponents exactly what ressources you're looking for
- To let them make proposal

And you're free to accept their proposal ar not !
You can pic as many cards as you want this way (as long as one of your opponents accept to give you one !!)

But take care: for each card you'll accept, the player who gives you the card will give you one of his own corruption amulettes... Take care to the hungry crocodiles !!
;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brooks
Scotland
Stirling
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I was also confused by this one. So it basically allows some one-way trading to go ahead? i.e. they can give you whatever you want (if they wish) as well as handing over corruption tokens from their pyramid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Nautilus wrote:
Thanks, I was also confused by this one. So it basically allows some one-way trading to go ahead? i.e. they can give you whatever you want (if they wish) as well as handing over corruption tokens from their pyramid?

I believe that is correct.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to continue this example:

Can I ask for more than 1 type of resource?
Can I sinply say "Any of you 3 players have any wood and/or marble for me?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Kalidor wrote:
Can I ask for more than 1 type of resource?
Can I simply say "Any of you 3 players have any wood and/or marble for me?"

Looking at Bruno's answer, which says "resources," yes to both your questions. You ask for one or more types of resources, being as specific as you want: "I want all your nontainted resources" or "I want one marble and as much stone as possible."

Opponents then tell you what they're willing to give. For each card you accept from an opponent, you also receive one corruption from that player. You are free to turn down part or all of an opponent's offer, so you can play the Envoy, refuse all offers, and take no corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent, Eric!
Thanks for the clarification, it was the only thing I was unsure about. Otherwise, I thought the rules were very clear and well layed out...imo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question about Envoy: what about player's who have no corruption tokens. Can they give you cards? If so, you do you get no corruption or just take it from the bank? Before you ask why they would want to do that, rememebr that having a hand full of just stone would be a very bad situation as you will likely have to take corruption to get cards that would allow you to play cards at the quarry and so dumping cards can be useful at some times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce H
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand how the Envoy card works but here is a question. Can you purposely use an envoy card and deny a trade just to discard it? I can think of some senarios that you could benefit to do this, like bringing your cards to ten or under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.