Popular Tags: [View All]
Mal Content
United States
Caln Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card reads: "Select 1 of your built Stables. It is now a Room for one of your Family members. The Stable loses its original function, but is still worth 1 additional point if fenced."

Since the Stable now acts as a Room (capital "R"), does it count as a room for scoring?

Since the Stable is now a Room, must you spend resources to renovate it along with the other Rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it does not count as a room for scoring. The last sentence hints at that, i.e. it is still a stable, just that it does not have the function of a stable anymore.

Since it is not a room, you do not need to renovate it along with the other rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeoster wrote:
No, it does not count as a room for scoring. The last sentence hints at that, i.e. it is still a stable, just that it does not have the function of a stable anymore.

Since it is not a room, you do not need to renovate it along with the other rooms.

I'd agree with Yeoster. It's not a Room it's 'a Room for one of your family members'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others; the card is poorly worded.

I believe that it still counts as a "stable" and not as "room". It's just that instead of it having the stable ability it has the room ability.

So you don't renovate it, and it doesn't count as a room for things like the House Steward (3 points for most rooms).

I think it still counts as a stable for other cards. So if you play one of the cards that tells you to remove a stable from the board I assume you could remove that one. (which would of course decrease the capacity of your house by 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Partner used this last night, then she also had "Guest Worker" [O 17]...quite a significant combination ! I was slaughtered 46/23....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.