Subject: Give your comment and rating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeeKenny GeeKenny
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People,

the game is sold-out/out of stock, but just 4 people gave their rating and comment.

Emanuele did a great job and you can get in touch with him personally, components are great, artwork is great and last but not least gameplay is wonderful to.

Let us make sure the games (BITW and BITE) get a ranking were they belong.
VOTE!

gr,
Kenny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just received my copies of BITE and BITW LE both with the optional Goretex maps.

Let me start by saying I am fairly new to gaming (less than a year of serious gaming) in general and even newer to the wargame scene (this is my first real war game) As such, I do not have a ton to compare this game to. However, here is what I noted from my own BITE & BITW purchase.

First thing to note for me was the communication from Emanuele was spot on. Always willing to answer my questions and quickly replied regardless of the time difference between us.

Next was extremely fast shipping. I received my copies today October 10th, 2013 here in Maui Hawaii.

Here I have to give props to the shipping department as the package made the long journey here not only fast but the packaging used was very heavy duty and everything arrived in perfect shape. I have to note this as over the last year I have purchased and had received over 70 shipments of games and game lots. Of those about 60% of them had some form of damage.

Upon opening the boxes I noticed the STELLER components in both games. This is going to look great on my gametable.

Speaking of game table......it is time for me to finally build that BIG, or should I say Gigantic gametable to accommodate the two optional Goretex maps that I purchased. These are not only huge but a work of art. Put together they are larger than my king bed in all directions...yeah it is really that big.

After I got over the gortex map stare, I decided to tackle the rules. This being my first real war game and hearing some horror stories about other war game manuals I was not sure what to expect. But I dug in with BITE first and after about 2 hrs I went from knowing nothing to feeling like I could easily tackle all the initial scenarios. I then moved on to BITW rules manual and I was able to get through it in about 30 minutes taking a lot from the BITE I just read of course.

The only thing holding me back from tackling this game now is all the stickering I need to do. This being the norm for block games it is nothing against this game personally but all block games in general. I decided to tackle this the smart way and invited 5 of my close friends (who I also hope to get hooked on these great games) to a scotch and cigar party.......aka. Stickering these suckers....the blocks that is..

Until then I plan on reading the rules manual again a few times and start my search for diagrams for custom gaming tables big enough to fit both these games (using the goretex maps of course) when setup together but modular to allow them to be seperate into perhaps two or four smaller gaming tables. Hmmmmm....anyone have any links for such they care to share..?

As you can tell I am a fan of these games........now go out there and get your own copy....or if you already have a copy...take the time to rate, review and help spread the word of these great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already given BitE a "10" and, as soon as BitW arrives, it will get the same treatment. I even sport the microbadge.

Jim

Est. 1949

EDIT: DONE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hatcher
msg tools
mb
It is received and it is everything you said it would be. Look forward to lining up the game and playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.