Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mb
I'm realtively new to wargaming, but really enjoy Labyrinth (I also enjoy Nuklear Winter 68). I typically game solo, so Twilight Struggle is out for me at the moment. I'm thinking about picking up one of the COIN games and wanted a recommendation on which one I should start with (or if there are other wargames that play solo that I should look into).

Any suggestions???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The (arguably) top two readily available made-for-solitaire wargames are

D-Day at Omaha Beach
Thunderbolt Apache Leader

Anything from John Butterfield and DVG are worth looking into. Other games, like the COIN series, play solitaire but aren't necessarily best at that number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The two mentioned above are excellent games. The nice thing about a coin game is that once you get the basic rules down for one, picking up the others is relatively easy. I've got all three and looking at the rules, I wouldn't say that any one is easier than the others. Cuba Libre has less area to worry about and uses Economic Centers instead of the road networks but it's just different, not easier (not that they're that hard, but there is a lot of info to digest).

One more that just got re-released is RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940 whic you can play solo from either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
For COIN, go with the conflict you're most interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.