Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are issue support cubes moved with the tiles to the Debates board and then moved back with the tile to the main board?

Do they have any effect on winning issues in debates? For example, are the number of cubes added to the cards CP total when determining who wins an issue in the debate?

(It would seem weird that the cubes don't have an effect in the debate because one player could have cubes on an issue, but the other player might win the issue debate courtesy of the cards, but then the original cubes return with the issue to the main board?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
from my understanding, no they do not affect the debates in any way. They are put into the pull bag for the election support checks though, so they do play a small role in the final round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes go over to the debate board with the tiles and go back to the issues track with the tiles after the debate. No other effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim (and Max) is right, there is no game effect, although it has always felt like a little piece of the gameplay is missing right there, hasn't it? Especially with the busywork of shuttling the cubes over to the debate board and then back (which is to make sure they stay on the correct tile if/when the order of the issues changes).

I think it'd be a simple variant to let whoever has cubes on an issue win a debate tie in that issue. However, you'd still need to determine initiative in case no one had cubes on an issue, and the variant would make Issues a tiny bit more important in relative game strategy. They are already pretty important and may not need the boost of an additional effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that variant would break the game. It's just a slight theme gap I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your prompt replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.