Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use Scaenicus as Nero to destroy a building, do you also destroy a)Nero, b)Scaenicus, or c)neither ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but the scaenicus mimics one of opponent's cards, so I don't think it would make sense to discard an opponent's nero card after using a scaenicus to destroy one of his buildings.

We play it with your "b" option, discarding the scaenicus after destroying the building with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

interesting - perhaps we've been playing wrong, but I thought Scaenicus mimicked one of your own characters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or I've been playing it wrong.
I'll find out, when I get home!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules read : "He performs no action of his own but can copy the action of any of the player's own face up character cards, and next time around that of another.

So if you use scaenicus as Nero for your second activation, you can destroy your opponents building, get both activations out of scaenicus, and still have Nero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe
United States
gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scaenicus should only be able to copy the abilities of one of the face up cards on the active player's side of the play area. So you can use Scaenicus to copy your own Nero, or whatever, but not your opponent's.

I would say that if Scaenicus copies Nero's ability, Scaenicus is discarded along with the destroyed card. I don't think you should be able to sacrifice another card by the same name as the one specified in the ability, that wasn't activated.

How the Scaenicus ability is supposed to work, i think, is that he in effect becomes a copy of the card whose ability he mimics, for the purposes of ability activation. So that when Scaenicus is used to mimic the Nero card, or any other card whose abilities state that the card must be discarded after use, the Scaenicus must be discarded as if it were the card it is mimicking. So I would say b in answer to your question.

At least i think that's how it's supposed to work . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are totally right. Scaenicus must be discarded after he has acted as Nero; however, as Nero has not been used, you still have the ability to destroy another of your opponent's buildings with your Nero card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... and the "official" comment is: you are absolutely right, joe baca! A very nice and useful posting.
Best wishes from germany.
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.