Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After 5 Swiss rounds I was smack dab in the middle of our standings at 13th place. Considering how rusty I am and not enough time playing and testing changes to my decks since the release of Opening Moves, not a bad finish for me.

Decks Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:NBN: Making News (Core)
Scorching The News 8.07

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (12)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3
Breaking News (Core) x2
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x2

Asset: (8)
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x3
Snare! (Core) x2 ■■
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x3

ICE: (18)
Data Raven (Core) x2
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
Enigma (Core) x2
Tollbooth (Core) x1
Flare (Future Proof) x1
Wall of Static (Core) x1
Rototurret (Core) x1 ■
Draco (What Lies Ahead) x1
Grim (Opening Moves) x1
Bastion (Creation and Control) x1
Archer (Core) x1 ■■
Ice Wall (Core) x1 ■
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x1 ■■
Shadow (Core) x1 ■

Operation: (6)
Scorched Earth (Core) x1 ■■■■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Closed Accounts (Core) x2

Upgrade: (6)
Bernice Mai (Humanity's Shadow) x2
SanSan City Grid (Core) x3

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 1
Jinteki: 4
NBN: 32
The Weyland Consortium: 10

Edit: Fixed my corp deck list. Not sure why my printed copy was correct and the save on cardgamedb.com was a duplicate of version 8.06.

-1 Data Raven
-1 Rototurret
-1 Bernice Mai
+2 Closed Accounts
+1 Shadow

Identity: Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)
Atman 8.03

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (9)
Escher (Creation and Control) x1
Infiltration (Core) x2
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3

Hardware: (12)
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x3
Desperado (Core) x2 ■■■

Program: (14)
Datasucker (Core) x3 ■
Atman (Creation and Control) x3
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Parasite (Core) x1 ■■
Deus X (A Study in Static) x1
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x1 ■■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Crypsis (Core) x1

Resource: (10)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 8
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 52

Notes on my decks:
Corp - Standard Never Advance style deck with a Scorched Earth kicker. I tried to include some form of brain damage dealing cards, but just couldn't make it work with my influence constraints and the need to vary my ICE. Ichi cycles in and out of my deck. Janus is just too expensive (both cost and influence).

[i]Runner[i] - This is a variation on my solid Katman/Datasucker deck. The major change was the inclusion of Plascrete and taking out 2 Scavange for Same Old Thing. I wish I could have both. Basic use of the deck is either draw (Professional Contacts) or run (Desperado/Datasucker(s)) for money. Click Kati Jones if there is not something better to do to put pressure on the Corp remotes. Femme is for Big or Taxing ICE and can act as Rototurret defence so you can put your low Atman at Str 1.

My play report from memory, apologies to those who's names I have forgotten/messed up:

Round 1 vs. Matt (Hass-Bioroid: EtF/Kate)
Details are fuzzy, but I lost both games to someone I have faced multiple times in tournaments and casual play. My runner game was hampered by not getting my econ running and being unable to get to my Datasuckers in a timely way. My Corp play was sloppy and I deserved the loss. I was struggling with econ and totally forgot my ASPP token that would have allowed me to score Gila from my hand. This was brutal.

Round 2 vs. Nick (Wayland: BaBW/Exile)
I won the dice off and chose Corp first. Nick had built his Exile deck the night before and is just as rusty as me. Early in the game my HQ is protected by only Bernice Mai and he runs it 4th click with only 2 cards in grip, he gets to see the Scorched Earth that kills him on my next turn. The second game was tied up 3-3 (he had burned a 1 point agenda for Archer) when time was called. I got one last turn and put out a second R&D interface and ran his R&D server pulling out two agendas for the win. I got really lucky.

Round 3 vs. Alex Roberts (NBN:MN/Andromeda)
I win the dice off and corp first. I can't draw ICE to save my life and Andy destroys me 0-7. Didn't even have to Siphon me. Wasn't even close. 2nd game was a barn burner. We both get to 6 points and play a game of cat and mouse almost to time. Despite being able to hit his R&D for a decent dig, I was unable to pull out that last agenda. I was also racing to avoid him getting another Breaking News. I ran out of gas and he scored his last agenda... heartbreak. This made Top 8 impossible.

Round 4 vs. Justin (Jinteki: PE/Whizzard)
Lost the dice off and opponent plays corp first. Deus X and Imp were standout cards for me. Being able to shrug off Snare! multiple times and Imping one of his Neural EMPs and a Fetal AI to the archive kept me alive. I Eshered him twice which ended any hope of keeping me out of R&D or his remotes.
His economy was pretty good but I think he made a major error when he used Celebrity Gift to show me a 5 card hand with 2 Snares! and 2 Cyber Babies. I just ignored HQ and felt much safer running R&D.
This game was a slog (A combination of a slow to develop corp and my tight play to avoid flatlining). By the end of the game both of us were near the end of our decks when I pulled the final 2 AP for the win.
Game 2 and I faced Whizzard (my nightmare match up) but we had burned so much time in game 1, I squeak out a timed out win 2-1.

Round 5 vs. Scott (Jinteki: PE/Kate)
Win the toss and play corp first. His Kate deck was not running Atman but had Datasuckers. I locked him out of my centrals early before he could power up and he struggled to hit me with 2 R&D Interface (my ICE on that sever was 5 deep and severely taxing). I agenda win 7-3. The Jinteki game was a slog and we go to time locked in at 4-4 and time out for the tie.

I really missed Scavenge and I could have used it to better press my corp opponents. Jackson Howard saved me twice from agenda flood. Over all I was happy to play. I won, and had Lukas sign my alt-art Scorched Earth. I also had him sign my Regional Championship mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj Giri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report, Brian. I did far worse than I hoped, so I won't even post anything about my time or decks.

Plugged-in tourney was rad, and I hope continued local tournaments draw similar numbers of enthusiastic players! Thanks, Rainy Day for hosting late on a weeknight and to Nick for providing free Pad Thai to us hungry runners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correction: we both did a little better in that last match of the day. I remember the score being 4-4 at the end.

My favorite match of the day was still the one from before the tournament that you took a picture of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, Last name is Roberts, not Rogers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the corrections. I have to say I was pretty tired when we ended at midnight and then I stuck around to talk to Lukas and company. Trying to remember what happened was a struggle.

I will say having only 60 min. rounds was a revelation. It is amazing how much you can change the game with 5 minutes less to play things out.

My two Jinteki games were huge time sinks. Primarily because I tightened up play so I would not flatline, secondarily because tutor/recursion heavy decks have huge decision trees and thirdly, my opponents where not playing at full tournament speed (something that only comes with practice, casual play vs. tournament play are two different beasts).

To help with the second issue I am going to build an Exile deck to learn how to quickly make my decisions with tutor/recur options. I consider Exile the Gabe of the Shaper set, in that Exile forces you to fully embrace the tutor/recur mindset just as Gabe teaches you to run hyper aggressively and to not fear running without full breakers.

Over all I had a great time. My matches were all learning experiences for me. I survived 2 Jinteki decks which normally kill me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.