Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that your car can end up moving off the track, or even off the board. In fact you can download a handy board extender piece from the Ghenos web site.

What's got me confused is the final paragraph in the rules about moving off track:

"During the turn when the car goes off the track, if the driver is not able to maintain his car on a black rows intersection and he is forced to go on a white rows intersection or even out of the game table, the car crashes and hence must retire."

This paragraph appears to contradict all the rules that came before it, where it was explained how you CAN move off the board and you CAN move onto white row intersections.

I'm sure I'm missing something painfully obvious, but at the moment, I'm not understanding when a car is supposed to crash out of the race versus simply move along off-track spaces.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stefano aliprandi
Italy
milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Maybe I can help you...
I've understood that cars can end up off the track, but not off the board! Only paws can be placed outside the board:

"During the race a pawn may be placed not only on the points inside the track, but also either on the points outside the track (intersections of white raws) or outside the board of the game."

I use the handy board extender just to place the pawn, not cars...in fact in bolide web site it's written:

"Here you can find an extention of the race track (black & white or colours). You can use it when the pawn goes out of the plan (remember: cars can never go out of the plan!)."

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very helpful - thank you.

Now I understand... the car must always be on a black row intersection, or it crashes, but the pawn can be placed anywhere, including off the board.

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.